The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The iPhone's Biggest Competitor is Coming!

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
The iPhone's Biggest Competitor is Here -- The Blackberry Storm!

Storm™ by Blackberry®

I've been waiting for this for month's. I have an unlocked iPhone that I got for $40 that I'm gonna put on eBay now that should cover about half of my expenses for the Blackberry Storm.

The iPhone was awesome, but my family already has Verizon, so we're stuck with them. Anywho, I'm psyched!

11.21.08 -- YAY!!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
how much u lookin to get for the iphone?

not sure if you have AT&T now, but from someone who has done Verizon, T-mobile and Primeco(now US Cellular) it is the WORST service!!!

only reason I didn't stick w/ T-mobile is b/c I got on a family plan w/ the fiance. As far as Verizon, I didn't stick w/ them b/c I needed a phone to use while I was in Austria and I got a 1500/Unltd N&W 4 $49.95/mo plan as well as a free Razr(back when they were "cool") :cool:

Roman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 21, 2008
Pacific NW
I have a windows mobile smartphone that is my virtual secretary, Im looking into getting the Storm aswell.. =)

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I wanted this soooo badly. Sold my iPhone, sold my friends Wii, sold some PSPs, and I have all the money I need, but now my parents are coming up with BS excuses. Shocking.

Well, it's sold out everywhere anyway...

I got to play with it in the store, though, and it's unbelievably awesome.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I finally got my hands on one of these a few weeks ago...about 3 days after it was released. It's still sold out in many places, but they're starting to become more and more available.

I've heard a lot of criticisms about this phone, but I like it a lot. Granted, it's significantly slower than the iPhone, but even this problem has improved noticeably from the first upgrade. I'm optimistic that things will continue to improve.

Does anybody else on here have the Storm? What are your thoughts?

PS Can somebody change the thread title to what I've made it in the 1st post? Thanks!

Last edited:

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I like my three and a half year old Razr. The battery life isn't the best, but I just keep it hooked up to the charger in the car.

If Verizon will give me something like that for free when I renew my contract this summer I'd go for it. If not I'll keep the Razr until it dies, I think I can get another 3 or 4 years out of it.

I really miss being able to use the built in cell phones in the cars. My old Mercedes had one and it was about 5 times as powerful as these little toys. Dead spots didn't exist and it was super clear! I think we took a step back when we went digital and lost those built in car phones, plus they were big and easy to use. I don't really care about all the BS features since I don't use them.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
Does anybody else on here have the Storm? What are your thoughts?

I played around with my friend's and within 10 seconds I realized I hated it. The click screen was annoying(used to iPhone) and the keyboard was extremely cramped and annoying. Multiple attempts at trying to type the correct key. This was before the firmware update so it was incredibly slow. It finally froze up on me after about 3 minutes.

Another friend has one and says he regrets it.

Woody

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
May 5, 2008
Murray, UT
i got the storm on the saturday after it came out. at first i LOVED it (coming from a v3 razr) but now i wish i had the BOLD. it's laggy, rings even on vibrate, takes forever to load songs, the accelerator takes minutes to realize which way gravity is, and the screen is hard to push in.

i do however, like the camera, 8 gig memory card it came with, and the fact that it is a global phone. i would reccomend not getting it, and sticking with an HTC product.

oh ya, no wi-fi sucks

woody

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
i got the storm on the saturday after it came out. at first i LOVED it (coming from a v3 razr) but now i wish i had the BOLD. it's laggy, rings even on vibrate, takes forever to load songs, the accelerator takes minutes to realize which way gravity is, and the screen is hard to push in.

i do however, like the camera, 8 gig memory card it came with, and the fact that it is a global phone. i would reccomend not getting it, and sticking with an HTC product.

oh ya, no wi-fi sucks

woody
Have you gotten the update? It's still pretty laggy, but it's definitely improved.

I believe the battery life is strongly affected by Wi-Fi.

And you might wanna contact Verizon about the ringing while on vibrate...mine doesn't do that. They should replace it once they get more.

Woody

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
May 5, 2008
Murray, UT
Have you gotten the update? It's still pretty laggy, but it's definitely improved.

I believe the battery life is strongly affected by Wi-Fi.

And you might wanna contact Verizon about the ringing while on vibrate...mine doesn't do that. They should replace it once they get more.

ya i have the most recent version. don't get me wrong its a sweet phone i just don't feel its lived up to the hype. the ringing issue is pretty annoying and i plan on going over to VZ asap.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
ya i have the most recent version. don't get me wrong its a sweet phone i just don't feel its lived up to the hype. the ringing issue is pretty annoying and i plan on going over to VZ asap.
Yep. I think it has the potential, but they just need to get things running more smoothly. I'd have to say that it's still the best Verizon phone on the market.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I agree...it looks pretty cool. I saw it on Yahoo's frontpage the other day.

Woody

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
May 5, 2008
Murray, UT
Yep. I think it has the potential, but they just need to get things running more smoothly. I'd have to say that it's still the best Verizon phone on the market.

completely agree. wish they offered the Bold. i would get that in a heartbeat. the new HTC lineup for 2009 looks amazing, check it out!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.