The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The instructions for the Rubik's cube

gi61joe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Jun 27, 2015
Denver
Hello all,
I am very excited to have discovered this forum. I would love to take a few minutes to introduce myself. Not in so much song and dance as the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, but I'll do my best. And chances are that you just sung a little of the song in your head. Okay... I switch gears.

Not everyday does one come in contact with a book or information that changes your paradigm as you read it. The Millionaire Fastlane was that for me. Growing up extremely poor, the one thing you're taught is to work hard and if you work really hard for a really long time you can catch a glimpse of the American Dream. I was bequeathed the idea that we weren't the wealthy type and that it would probably never happen for us. Bummer, I know.

Knowing that information, I developed a strong work ethic. Because if I was going to accomplish anything in life it was because I worked hard to get it. So out of high school, it was the Marine Corps for me because there was no way on God's green earth did my family even have anything close to tuition money for an education. After the Marines, I utilized the GI Bill and went to college and graduated with my degree in Advertising and Marketing. Then off to the crappy work force where as a new grad you get a job and "be glad you have one!". So I did creative concepting and design for an advertising agency.

"It's time for you bonus!". Is something that you can't wait to hear on your two year anniversary. However, it was "Here is your severance." Damn. Oh well. That's when I moved to accept a job as a Director of Marketing for a software company. Not bad, I thought. Except I fully realized the owner's bi-polar tendencies once I took the position. I thought that this was my dream, I thought that now I had the job I wanted making decent money I would be happy!?! Nope.

Nagging at the back of my neck for years told me that the only way to be happy or wealthy was to do it myself. I see opportunity and I have ideas... damn, I don't know how to execute them. Maybe I need more school (Sound familiar?). So I took a couple of entrepreneurship classes on the side and continually tried to do self-improvement. However, I always got bogged down in planning and something always seemed to come up. DAMN YOU RUBIK'S CUBE! I can't figure you out!

"Oh! and I almost forgot ahh, I'm also gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday too" What?! Bi-polar owner? AAarrgghh! That's the straw, I'm done. It's time to make a change! I loved advertising and I loved marketing. But, what I loved about it became the 2% and I was swamped with the 98% that I didn't love.

So one day upon talking with my friend, I decided to change industries. I've always been intrigued by the human body and medicine was a neat concept. Well, time to pack everything I own into my car and move again and live in a small room because this is what I need to do and I will do it! Fast forward 5 years from that moment and I graduated with my Masters from Physician Assistant school and have now got a job as a PA in dermatology. 5 year plan, check. Accomplished, check. Nagging at the back of my neck, still nagging.

Well, here I am today with almost $200,000 in student loans and that nagging in the back of my neck has never gone away. Then in an almost serendipitous fashion I came across The Millionaire Fastlane . It took me a week to read it because I took such arduous notes. It just made sense. It was a punch to the gut showing all the things I have been trying to do, trying to see, couldn't see. Now, I have the instructions for the Rubik's cube of life and wealth and I'll I have to do know is set up my new 5 year plan, Put my hard work ethic to use and with determination I can/will finally get what I want in life. Thank you for reading my long intro and I hope that you have enjoyed the journey of Joe.

-Joe

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...