The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The house, the cash and the index fund

Anything related to investing, including crypto

RichieG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 27, 2018
Ok. Nearly there and my current plan is below. Not set in concrete but what we are leaning towards

- we rent for flexibility
- have a £180,000 house paid off with tenant paying 6%
- 3 years of liquid cash in a cash account
- investing £3200 into vanguard global market 100% stock ( isa in uk is tax free for this amount) so DCA for long term
- after expenses and above investment business leaves us 10k a month

Will continue to build businesses.Invest in more property and learn and trade individual stocks, bonds , currency etc and bank more cash

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RichieG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 27, 2018
i know we are UK based but any thoughts would be appreciated

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Try asking a better question. What feedback are you looking for exactly?

Dealing with cash? Being a landlord? Having income every month? Tax ramifications?

Ask better questions. :)

RichieG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 27, 2018

Dealing with cash? Being a landlord? Having income every month? Tax ramifications?

Fair point. I'm looking for a simple diversified plan to keep and preserve cash for the long term whilst expanding our business. We have spare cash each month and the above plan is to have a little growth and not just letting the cash sit there.

Really appreciate your point about better questions

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona

+1 on this.

@RichieG
This advice is coming from a good place...aside from the fact that your OP gives zero clue as to what information you’re looking for, I suspect your lack of response is because of previous threads like this: All Weather for % of Net Worth

Where you had Kak, MJ, JScott and Kung Fu Steve chime in and then it just fizzled so now you’re asking the same question again here. Why not give better responses to that thread where the finance guys of the forum have already offered advice? And please use the “like/thanks” button once in a while, it will work wonders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Been going through tony robbins money master the game..... the all seasons portfolio looks interesting. Kind of a set and forget plan, just need to rebalance each year. Own it inside a tax deferred plan. Also his points about fees and taxes have me digging through our plan. It is not a short read as the book is like 60% fluff. Some nuggets in there though. Think it will get you on the thinking path you are asking for here.

Have staff going through our 401k plan to review the available options and am looking at some of my other accounts. Once we have full info, plan to have the CPA run some after tax return analysis. Then think we will create a weighted by risk plan similar to all seasons and put it into 401k / IRAs.

Check out the book and then hit me back with your thoughts as I am in the same boat at the moment. As cash comes out of the business, where to put it.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
didn't see your other thread.... will head over there....

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Fair point. I'm looking for a simple diversified plan to keep and preserve cash for the long term whilst expanding our business. We have spare cash each month and the above plan is to have a little growth and not just letting the cash sit there.

Really appreciate your point about better questions

Dude this is like your 3rd incoherent thread on this matter. We have answered you several times about wealth preservation.

If all you want is a “little growth” slam it all into a total market index fund and never look back. There will be ups and downs, but with long enough horizons it will likely do exactly what you’re asking for and then some with the added benefit of being relatively liquid.

RichieG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 27, 2018
Dude this is like your 3rd incoherent thread on this matter. We have answered you several times about wealth preservation.

If all you want is a “little growth” slam it all into a total market index fund and never look back. There will be ups and downs, but with long enough horizons it will likely do exactly what you’re asking for and then some with the added benefit of being relatively liquid.

I am looking to learn and still not finding the answers I am after. Sorry if my posts are incoherent - that wasn't the intention.

My first post was about the The All Weather Portfolio. Diversified across asset streams in the stock market. My second post was about averaging out returns in an index fund. Then this third post was pulling together the information I have gathered and pulling it together into a draft plan.

I was then asking for peoples opinions. That's all.

RichieG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 27, 2018
+1 on this.

@RichieG
This advice is coming from a good place...aside from the fact that your OP gives zero clue as to what information you’re looking for, I suspect your lack of response is because of previous threads like this: All Weather for % of Net Worth

Where you had Kak, MJ, JScott and Kung Fu Steve chime in and then it just fizzled so now you’re asking the same question again here. Why not give better responses to that thread where the finance guys of the forum have already offered advice? And please use the “like/thanks” button once in a while, it will work wonders.

Fair point. I am new to forums and didn't think about the like/thanks. Will use moving forward and thanks for the nudge!

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
I am looking to learn and still not finding the answers I am after. Sorry if my posts are incoherent - that wasn't the intention.

My first post was about the The All Weather Portfolio. Diversified across asset streams in the stock market. My second post was about averaging out returns in an index fund. Then this third post was pulling together the information I have gathered and pulling it together into a draft plan.

I was then asking for peoples opinions. That's all.

Now we’re getting somewhere. For future reference, all three posts could’ve been combined in one thread which would’ve made things simpler. The incoherency lies in the fact that you aren’t just asking a straight question but pussy footing around multiple times.

Having said that, I’ll give it a shot. So given the figures in this thread’s OP, you’re asking opinions on the additional $10k/month in cash flow?

You state that you want to preserve the cash with a little growth, well that’s simple then. Ladder some CD’s. Cash stays safe and you get a little growth.

However, you also talk about growing the business and adding real estate so:
Do you actually want to grow the business?
To what size?
Do you actually want more real estate? How much?
What is your risk tolerance for all of the above?

There are many questions/facts that this forum would need to know before being able to opine on your situation. The above are just a few.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The reason nobody can answer this is because you already know what you want to do, which is everything. I don’t feel like you are really trying to understand where you are currently at.

Look at everything you have now and your cash flow. What do you want it to look like in 15 years? And what type of risk are you willing to take to get it?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.