The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The horsepower of your decisions - Connor McGregor charged with assault and criminal mischief

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
This one decision could ruin Connor's UFC career and he could have a criminal record for the rest of his life. This one decision changes his life path forever.

Connor McGregor has garnered enough cash and notoriety that something like this will have near zero impact on him.

Honestly, do you believe this?: "This one decision changes his life path forever."

He gets arrested, pays bail, goes to court, his attorneys get him out... His life doesn't change at all other than a few minor inconveniences.

He's attained freedom.

He doesn't care if he gets arrested because it doesn't matter. If it's 3 months or less, then what impact does it really have other than being an annoyance?

I have a friend that's a top level programmer. I won't get into details, but he was arrested for creating a program (outside of work) that created legal complexities. He got arrested. He posted bail. His attorney got him community service. He came back to work. His boss laughed about it. Later that evening he invited everyone to go out and celebrate him "getting out of jail".

Two years later and nothing has changed. He's living the same life.

Same with McGregor. Nothing is changing.

You're thinking of this from your perspective "If I got arrested, then I'd lose my job and my friends would think I'm a failure."

From McGregor's perspective it's closer along the lines of "I got arrested and have to deal with these annoying courts now. At least I got some good press out of it."

Edit: I'm not saying that getting arrested is cool, but it is cool that McGregor has the freedom to get arrested with no impact on his life at all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
Saw this come up in the news today. Connor McGregor threw a dolly through the window of a bus injuring two other UFC fighters as well as others. Connor has been arrested and is facing charges and possibly jail time and lawsuits.

This reminded me of when MJ talked about the horsepower of your decisions in TMF .

This one decision could ruin Connor's UFC career and he could have a criminal record for the rest of his life. This one decision changes his life path forever.

Remember, decisions can lead you down both good and bad paths. Choose the good path.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Looks like the UFC is turning into the WWE. Throwing chairs and everything. :rofl:

Serious note though, McGregor's power is built on controversy and being in the limelight. This little stunt will do nothing more than give him even more power even if idiotic. With that said, this does look like the beginning of the end for him.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Will get a slap on the wrist and Conor v Khabib will be the biggest grossing pay per view of all time. I enjoyed UFC when it was about the fighters, not so much now thats its a real version of WWE, but they know how to draw money, which is what its all about for the promoters.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Could there not have been the possibility of someone sustaining a greater injury than what happened? even a bystander/ staff attendant getting struck. Didn't happen but could have. Admittedly I haven't read to much about what happened and don't know all the details, just skimmed over it/ watched clip yesterday.

I deleted my post above as to not derail this thread, but since you saw my post before then and replied, I'll include my response below. @Mods - delete if appropriate.

You have five cameras outside the bus. At least two cameras inside the bus. I'm not familiar with how many cameramen the UFC typically has around (especially inside a bus that's transporting fighters from one spot to another), but that amount seems excessive - as if they were expecting an altercation (scripted). Only thing I don't think they expected was for the window to shatter.

So no.

I don't think a bystander or anyone else could get struck or anything worse could have happened than what happened. Without an act of God, the worst scenario possible is what played out.

Also I don't think anything Connor did was that wrong. The potential reward for his actions far outweighed any potential risks.

Del

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
394%
Jan 22, 2018
London, UK
Judge: Mr. McGregor, I'm putting you in jail.
McGregor: You'll do fookin nuttin.

In all seriousness and as mentioned above, McGregor has acquired his freedom years ago. Becoming a convicted felon will not affect his professional or personal relationships.

Last edited:

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
No doubt this was Conor playing the part of notorious Irish maniac, justifying it by what Khabib's team did to Lobov a day earlier, and the UFC would legit be pissed about it. But from the organisations point of view, if it was as disgusting as Dana went on about he would of been fired on the spot.
If UFC fire him, he takes his massive brand (and UFC championship belts) to Bellator, WWE, or who ever else will pay him the massive dollars his name generates. Better the devil you know as they say, UFC wont wanna miss out on $$$

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
Honestly, do you believe this?: "This one decision changes his life path forever."

He gets arrested, pays bail, goes to court, his attorneys get him out... His life doesn't change at all other than a few minor inconveniences.

No, I don't honestly believe that it will have significant impact on his life in the immediate future. However, that is not the point I was trying to get across. I meant to say that this one decision has the potential to change his life path forever. There were non-fighters on the bus, and for Connor to do something like this outside of the cage seems pretty childish to me. There were reports of glass going in some victim's eyes and a broken hand, etc.

I'm just trying to make a point that every decision we make has the potential to alter our life path. If this was any other fighter in the UFC I would imagine that they would be banned from fighting again.

From the interviews I watched with Dana White, he claims that it wasn't a scripted publicity stunt, and he seemed genuinely concerned for Connor's future. However, it could be a marketing ploy that didn't go quite as planned.

He might have freedom now, but as we've seen from past athletes and celebrities (50 cent, Antoine Walker), poor decisions can lead to losing it all.

Simon Ashari

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 29, 2012
Sydney, Australia
The consequences won't come when he's at the top of his game. They will come once he's retired.

A number of people in that bus will be suing him for sure. Add to that his luxury lifestyle.

He doesn't want to become a 'high income sidewalker' (as described in The Millionaire Fastlane ).

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
This is definitely not about promoting a fight, in fact it's very bad for MMA politically.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
I agree in this case he'll prob walk away from this fine with little effect on his career, however he could easily have caused more harm/ a worse injury to someone, and in that case he could have lost his freedom, and all the success/money don't matter if you're locked up.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
You have five cameras outside the bus. At least two cameras inside the bus. I'm not familiar with how many cameramen the UFC typically has around (especially inside a bus that's transporting fighters from one spot to another), but that amount seems excessive - as if they were expecting an altercation (scripted). Only thing I don't think they expected was for the window to shatter.

So no.

I don't think a bystander or anyone else could get struck or anything worse could have happened than what happened. Without an act of God, the worst scenario possible is what played out.

Also I don't think anything Connor did was that wrong. The potential reward for his actions far outweighed any potential risks.
Yes I suppose the whole thing could have been scripted

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Saw this come up in the news today. Connor McGregor threw a dolly through the window of a bus injuring two other UFC fighters as well as others. Connor has been arrested and is facing charges and possibly jail time and lawsuits.

This reminded me of when MJ talked about the horsepower of your decisions in TMF .

Remember, decisions can lead you down both good and bad paths. Choose the good path.
I might be wrong, but I suspect the ramifications to Conor will be minimal. He's too valuable to the UFC to be kicked out or even suspended for long.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Will get a slap on the wrist and Conor v Khabib will be the biggest grossing pay per view of all time. I enjoyed UFC when it was about the fighters, not so much now thats its a real version of WWE, but they know how to draw money, which is what its all about for the promoters.

Conor will never fight Khabib even if Khabib lost use of both his legs. That's a nightmare match up for Conor.

There's a good chance McGregor ends up in the WWE, has another fight with Mayweather for a huge payday, and then retires.

Nothing about this assault will turn out negatively for him.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
Easily? How?
Could there not have been the possibility of someone sustaining a greater injury than what happened? even a bystander/ staff attendant getting struck. Didn't happen but could have. Admittedly I haven't read to much about what happened and don't know all the details, just skimmed over it/ watched clip yesterday.

Last edited:

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
Any criminal activity is a BIG problem when you're not a US citizen. Multiple convictions or a 5+ year sentence could mean he's technically "inadmissible".

If you're not a citizen of a country but rely on easy entry to that country for work, be very careful.

Jadpapi

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 31, 2018
usa
He made over 100 million dollars, he doesn’t care to fight anymore.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
No, I don't honestly believe that it will have significant impact on his life in the immediate future. However, that is not the point I was trying to get across. I meant to say that this one decision has the potential to change his life path forever. There were non-fighters on the bus, and for Connor to do something like this outside of the cage seems pretty childish to me. There were reports of glass going in some victim's eyes and a broken hand, etc.

I'm just trying to make a point that every decision we make has the potential to alter our life path. If this was any other fighter in the UFC I would imagine that they would be banned from fighting again.

From the interviews I watched with Dana White, he claims that it wasn't a scripted publicity stunt, and he seemed genuinely concerned for Connor's future. However, it could be a marketing ploy that didn't go quite as planned.

He might have freedom now, but as we've seen from past athletes and celebrities (50 cent, Antoine Walker), poor decisions can lead to losing it all.

50 Cent seems to be doing just fine too.

Last edited:

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Conor will never fight Khabib even if Khabib lost use of both his legs. That's a nightmare match up for Conor.

There's a good chance McGregor ends up in the WWE, has another fight with Mayweather for a huge payday, and then retires.

Nothing about this assault will turn out negatively for him.

Yep more than likely outcome, I hope there's Conor V Diaz 3 somewhere in there but I doubt he'd go there again... More money elsewhere.

JohnZ123

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 23, 2014
Not saying what he did was right but Conor did that because of what happened to his best friend. I respect his loyalty.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.