The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The hidden USP many businesses may have - but don't realise it‏

Marketing, social media, advertising

Deceiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
May 6, 2015
Italy, Vicenza
Today I got this email from a mailing list of a famous copywriter.

Since I thought it could be beneficial to other members (those young and that are starting out like me), I decided to paste it here.
Also, I hope that a good discussion can maybe start after this.

I remember one time I read a post from @IceCreamKid that the USP is one of the Most Misunderstood Concepts in business. Anyway, here it is for you:

"Today I was talking - well emailing, really - with a client about his business.

"We don't really have a USP" he said. "We offer the same things as everyone else".

What's more, he added that he charges more than his competitors.

Is he stuck in an impossible situation? Does he have no USP?

No.

There is one thing many businesses could do - but don't.

They could communicate better.

For instance, if you offer the same features as your competitor but they don't talk about them and you do, then for all practical purposes you have a USP.

Or if you offer the same features as your competitor but you are simply more helpful, then for all practical purposes you have a USP.

For instance BT and Virgin both offer the same features; Virgin are more helpful.

My client said that his telephone people are more helpful. That is a USP.

And believe it or not, if you charge more than competitors that can be a USP. Higher charges suggest a better product or service. You just have to explain how it's better

Actually if you simply communicate more often - without being boring - you are offering a USP.

Did that make you think?"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.