The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Grimbo Chronicles: My Progression In the Fastlane

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Grimbo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 14, 2013
Below is my introduction take from: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/introductions-networking/45900-howdy-baltimore.html#post276530

I didn't want to retype the entire introduction :)

"At age 19 I've read the contents of a small library and would like to think I'm ahead of the curve. These books include everything fromMillionaire Fastlane , The Four Hour Work Week to Sniper on the Eastern Front and I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell. I've worked for the worlds best dating company and learned from them. I've made a few hundred dollars with online business.

I may have read a lot and had some small successes but I've made even more mistakes. I've had three affiliate sites crash and burn. A writing business I've run is imploding. I got fired from delivering pizzas (On my first day) for delivering to the wrong address. I got kicked out of college after a year and a half for partying too much and studying too little. During this semester hiatus before being allowed back I've discovered Millionaire Fastlane and been directed here to this forum.

Reading this - you're asking "How the F*ck is Grimbo ahead of the curve? He is a drunken F*ck up who likes to have sex a lot." The answer to that is: What I am doing with my life now.

Its been a roller coaster ride of tremendous highs, and staggering lows. Having recently read The Millionaire Fastlane I feel that my life is about to hop off the roller coaster, and hop into a car. This car is going to go very, very fast. I'll hit a few speed bumps along the way, and get into a few fender benders. I'll truck on though.

To hold myself accountable, I'm looking to move out of my parents house very soon - and into an apartment with a friend or like minded individual where we can motivate each other to live and breathe success. Apart from changing location to somewhere more conducive to success, I'm going to start a thread later today where I can post what I am up to - this will have the benefit of fulfilling my narcissistic tendencies as well as keeping me accountable. :coolgleamA:

I'm glad to be here everyone. Lets get cracking."

I am still looking for a roommate - I don't care where I live as long as it is in the States, and with someone who holds similar mindsets. Lets take the world by storm gents. I currently live on the East Coast.

Keep Speeding,
Grimbo,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Grimbo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 14, 2013
15APR13

Howdy y'all,

Since my thread has made is through big brother...ehh, I mean the mod team, and is now available for all to see...here are my main topics for today.

1. I am working on my first project to get a passive income going. Its a website where I am listing contractors in my home state of MD. I have the framework of the site set up. The next step is to add a few detailed free listings of the top people in each line of work.

I am going to add some tremendous value at no cost to anyone, and hopefully get backlinks from these companies to improve my SEO.

Once that is accomplished, I am going to get started on my SEO efforts (self-taught SEO, hooah!), whilst cold calling companies to offer discounted rates.

The beauty of this strategy is how easily I can replicate it for different states and businesses EVERYWHERE.

This allows me to impact millions, and therefore...make my millions ;).

2. Question...family issues abound. I'm 19, and like most 19 year old's in the United States I live with my family. My dad has made it abundantly clear I will "be a failure" if I don't finish college, yada, yada. He is in the slowlane mindset, and no amount of effort on my part will convince him otherwise.

If I drop out, I am going to have to support myself I know, and I have no issue with that. I just dislike the idea of my family considering me a failure. Any advice in this regard - I don't plan on returning to college, as I now know I can jump start success by busting my a$$ right now.

Thanks y'all!

Keep Speeding,
Grimbo,

Stridone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jan 13, 2012
I am in a very similar position, of a similar age and of a similar mindset too so I'm interested to see where you'll go from here. Keep us posted and good luck!

Grimbo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 14, 2013
16APR13

My site is up and live. Is there a person who has any experience with directories, that could give me some advice on the categories I have listed? I don't know how strict the mod team is in regard to links to outside sites, so lets keep it to a PM (I don't wanna get banned!).

Thanks in advance all.

Keep speeding,
Grimbo,

Grimbo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 14, 2013
18APR12

I made my first $10 online today. This may be a minuscule amount - but its a recurring passive income that I can keep growing. Awesome! Time to keep trucking.

- Grimbo

HD_edacity

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Mar 12, 2013
Toronto
what kind of monetization strategy are you using, ads or are you making some sort of commission? Also ditto on the family thinking i'm a failure, i told them how working 9-5 is soul crushing and they just didn't comprehend what i was talking about...

Grimbo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 14, 2013
I do mostly offline marketing (Internet Marketing where I deal with offline businesses). In order to make my directory better known, I cold call LOTS OF PEOPLE.

I'm pretty personable, and I'd like to think my time in pick up made me better with people in general - so I have an easier time than most do on cold calls and other things.

I've come to the conclusion I don't have to win every argument with my parents.
what kind of monetization strategy are you using, ads or are you making some sort of commission? Also ditto on the family thinking i'm a failure, i told them how working 9-5 is soul crushing and they just didn't comprehend what i was talking about...

AbbottMary

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 19, 2013
Good luck man!! Just keep your head on straight and you seem like youll be killing it in no time.

Grimbo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 14, 2013
24APR13

its been a few days since I updated. I've been working on getting my advertising company off the ground so I can start to set up a residual income. So far so good.

Grimbo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 14, 2013
12MAY13

Hey Y'all,

Its been a hot minute since I posted here, but I have been busy.

What I've been up to:

- Studying for finals for my online classes

- Redesigning my directory website

- Talking to a psychiatrist about ADHD diagnosis

A question that I have for today is dealing with business and incorporating myself. My site is nearly done. I plan on cold calling to get more companies listed.

I want to sign on an average of two people a week. From the initial 20 companies called, 2 have signed up ($5/month listing).

If this amount holds true, I can get a decent following.

Keep speeding,
Grimbo,

Grimbo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 14, 2013
18MAY13

Just officially finished this semester yesterday. I bought myself a spiral notebook where I can write down all of my ideas that I have business wise. I figure this is the best way to acknowledge the idea, but keep myself focused on one thing at a time.

- Grimbo

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.