The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Godfather of Pay-Per-Lead Ventures: A Tale of Two Investments

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 2, 2021
Greetings, esteemed members of the business familia,

Picture this: A dimly lit room, a wooden table, and three partners discussing the fate of their young Pay-Per-Lead venture. I, the diligent worker bee of the trio, have been putting in the sweat, tears, and maybe a little bit of vino, while my partners, the capital godfathers, have been generously filling the coffers.

The plot thickens. We secure a customer, and ah! The sweet taste of profit. But, as in any classic tale, there's a twist. The customer, like a fleeting romance in a Sicilian summer, churns. Now, my partners, with their Brando-esque gravitas, wish to reinvest this profit to grow our empire.

But here's the rub: By reinvesting my share of the profits, am I not, in essence, donning the hat of a capital investor? Apart from breaking my back with work, am I not also putting my hard-earned lira back into the business pot? It's like making me an offer I can't refuse, but I'm the one making the offer to myself!

So, dear consiglieres of the business world, I come to you with an open heart and a curious mind. In this cinematic saga of investments and reinvestments, what say you? Am I the Michael Corleone of capital contributions, stepping up in ways I hadn't anticipated? Or is this just the nature of the business beast?

Share your wisdom, your experiences, and perhaps a little humor. After all, in this world of business, we're all just trying to make our venture an offer it can't refuse.

Saluti!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
If you're already the 'worker bee', and investing your most precious resource (time) in a system you believe in, I don't think it's a stretch to also invest some capital. Operations-wise you can probably evaluate the potential of the investment well, but your judgment may be clouded if you've invested a lot of effort into the project (sunk cost). Judging by how you write, you may feel a measure of loyalty/gratitude/reciprocity towards the business partners, and hope for more profit (confirmation bias-- your toil paid off.)

If investing the profit makes you a capital investor (donning a new hat)-- No, I don't think so, as the profits being invested were derived from the business itself. In some sense you're already a capital investor, as you've put in 'human capital'.

If you have the powerful feelings mentioned above, how do you think your partners feel? More or less detached/dependent? Negotiation-wise that could be problematic for you. I guess you are right about the 'business beast.'

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 2, 2021
If you're already the 'worker bee', and investing your most precious resource (time) in a system you believe in, I don't think it's a stretch to also invest some capital. Operations-wise you can probably evaluate the potential of the investment well, but your judgment may be clouded if you've invested a lot of effort into the project (sunk cost). Judging by how you write, you may feel a measure of loyalty/gratitude/reciprocity towards the business partners, and hope for more profit (confirmation bias-- your toil paid off.)

If investing the profit makes you a capital investor (donning a new hat)-- No, I don't think so, as the profits being invested were derived from the business itself. In some sense you're already a capital investor, as you've put in 'human capital'.

If you have the powerful feelings mentioned above, how do you think your partners feel? More or less detached/dependent? Negotiation-wise that could be problematic for you. I guess you are right about the 'business beast.'
Thank you for your thoughtful insights.

Your perspective on the value of 'human capital' and the potential cognitive biases at play really resonated with me.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge and "connecting the dots" in this intricate web of business dynamics.

I think that, yeah, the SYSTEM is the real deal in this biz. Probably, this may lead to a negotiation on how we share the dividends with my business partners... we'll see.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.