The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The fastest growing company ever ?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

The Autobahn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Mar 2, 2013
Switzerland
Might be or not.. however those guys are making 2,5 million $ per day ! :eusa_clap:

Company with the "World's Least Powerful CEO" Makes $2.5 Million Every Day : iDoneThis blog

Is This The Fastest-Growing Game Company Ever? - Forbes

Again MJs word about not chasing the money but needs is here once again proved:

LKKA PAANANEN says the best way to make money in mobile gaming is to stop thinking about making money. Think about fun instead. Fighting a mild case of flu and jet lag from a San Francisco flight back home to Helsinki, Paananen says that companies that place revenue above fun (we’re talking to you, Zynga) will ultimately fail. “It really is that simple–just design something great, something that users love,†says the 34-year-old.
Paananen is CEO of Supercell, a startup that has had astonishing growth almost overnight. It has only two titles in AppleAAPL -2.67%‘s App Store–a tower defense game called Clash of Clans and a social-farming game called Hay Day–but it grossed $100 million last year and $179 million in the first quarter of 2013 alone. Supercell netted $104 million in the quarter, after expenses and Apple’s 30% cut.

So they are living basicaly from two Apple Store Games... Supercell

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

liite

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Nov 2, 2011
What a fantastic read, thank you for posting this! It's crazy to think what you can do if you choose to add vaule and NOT focus on the money. In this case creating something fun.

I found this part especially moving, something which I feel is important for everyone to understand. It comes down to mindset, they test each idea through a process and if it doesn't reach the final stage they scrap it. Simple as that. No "oh well it didn't meet the criteria but we think it will work" just right onto the next one. And actually celebrating a "faliure for it's own success is brilliant

with each dead project a cause for celebration. Employees crack open champagne to toast their failure. “We really want to celebrate maybe not the failure itself but the learning that comes out of the failure,†says Paananen

GoodGuyGG

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 1, 2013
Wow this is really amazing. I have been thinking about learning a programming language too, but I cant find a need which I should solve yet. (So should I start learning the coding or is it better to watch out for a problem which may appear?)

Astute

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 19, 2012
London, UK
An interesting interview with the CEO:

[video=youtube;EbLDzwOD3xI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbLDzwOD3xI[/video]

fsna.hartley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 15, 2013
Amazing! I think I have to research about the game he developed and see if it is really worth it.

The Autobahn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Mar 2, 2013
Switzerland
Wow this is really amazing. I have been thinking about learning a programming language too, but I cant find a need which I should solve yet. (So should I start learning the coding or is it better to watch out for a problem which may appear?)

First introduce yourself.

Second go to Codeacademy and start practicing... but even if you have completed the Courses, you will see that its just the beginning.

teabag

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jun 21, 2013
Australia
If anyone wondered if there is still money in app development....

I'm sure there is. I've got so many fun and simple app ideas, just don't have any development skills.

I don't think people can become millionaires without actually making the app themselves, rather than paying someone to do it.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I don't think people can become millionaires without actually making the app themselves, rather than paying someone to do it.

Why not? Does it cost millions to have an app coded for you?

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
I'm sure there is. I've got so many fun and simple app ideas, just don't have any development skills.

So, what you are saying is: Unless I learn to program I can't make millions OR billions of dollars selling apps? What if I just hired the best programmer around and I knew exactly what the market wanted right then and there? Well, odds are I am going to make some money.

I actually had an idea earlier today about an application intertwined with my primary project. Free app, provide plenty of value, ridiculous need tied to it. I sent my Android guy an email, waiting for his response.

ricktx

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jun 27, 2013
Texas, USA
What if I just hired the best programmer around and I knew exactly what the market wanted right then and there? Well, odds are I am going to make some money.

Funny thing is .... you may be right. I am in the IT business and I know several people that have written application for extremely popular titles and get nothing more from the effort than being paid. (Slow lane coders are many) Finding the good ones is the trick.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
So, what you are saying is: Unless I learn to program I can't make millions OR billions of dollars selling apps? What if I just hired the best programmer around and I knew exactly what the market wanted right then and there? Well, odds are I am going to make some money.

I actually had an idea earlier today about an application intertwined with my primary project. Free app, provide plenty of value, ridiculous need tied to it. I sent my Android guy an email, waiting for his response.

interesting idea, good luck.

stephanduq

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Apr 7, 2013
It is not about the costs, it is about turn around times, validated learning, engagement, value and customer service.

Apps like the one posted by the OP, don't just happen. This team takes their time, tries to learn from their customers, change the project to provide better value for their customers and themselves and make it a learning process instead of money gathering process. At some point in their process everything falls into its place, they get traction, and the app blows up. These are very intensive development cycles and is something you can rarely experience with a freelancer.

"I sent my Android guy an email, waiting for his response." <- Do you honestly think that you can provide amazing value to your customers if this is how your development is done? (Nothing personal ungodly, it just illustrates the issue perfectly)

Software development and App development are not the same. If your plan is to produce apps, and just shoot them out. Sure get freelancers. If your plan is to create a brand, dedicated fans, and provide something of actual value to your users, I would start looking at software development methodologies and build a team.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.