- Joined
- Jul 28, 2013
- Messages
- 1,278
Rep Bank
$2,355
$2,355
User Power: 171%
I've been thinking a lot lately on how to refine my ability to act in business, I blasted out a whole lot of fears, got some good advice, and focused on some of the right things and I think I'm getting somewhere with it.
My friends said "use all your skill and knowledge to create your opportunities yourself"
I let go of the fear of safety (regular ideas of safety, a home, a static lump sum of money) and gave into the great unknown of relying off my skill (which requires never saying you'll quit, committing to always doing what it takes and accepting consequences of inaction)
And I started focusing on how EFFECTIVE my actions were to judge if they were right or not (not about if its building a good biz plan).
I came to realise that futility isn't just a confidence issue, its an issue of standards. I think we lock down on whats good, and don't bother finding what might be just barely good enough to maybe do that thing right now. I think that good in a bottle is actually just feeding your ego, you need to start being obsessed with what your own actions are DOING. If they do nothing, flick it to the side and keep looking.
I believe that creativity is the ability to reject as many bad ideas as you need to, and to be able to still move ahead. A creative slump is when we start to accept bad ideas because we won't move ahead if we chuck them.
You have to stop holding onto bad ideas because its your only way forwards if you want your actions to mean a darn thing!
You have to smell those bad ideas out, uproot them and kickem to the curb. ACTION being effective, should be your only hope.
You are the one that must create opportunity, and your confidence must combine with your determination, and then you have to handle the feeling of possibly not moving ahead and judge your actions based on results, and not be satisfied until they produce. .
My friends said "use all your skill and knowledge to create your opportunities yourself"
I let go of the fear of safety (regular ideas of safety, a home, a static lump sum of money) and gave into the great unknown of relying off my skill (which requires never saying you'll quit, committing to always doing what it takes and accepting consequences of inaction)
And I started focusing on how EFFECTIVE my actions were to judge if they were right or not (not about if its building a good biz plan).
I came to realise that futility isn't just a confidence issue, its an issue of standards. I think we lock down on whats good, and don't bother finding what might be just barely good enough to maybe do that thing right now. I think that good in a bottle is actually just feeding your ego, you need to start being obsessed with what your own actions are DOING. If they do nothing, flick it to the side and keep looking.
I believe that creativity is the ability to reject as many bad ideas as you need to, and to be able to still move ahead. A creative slump is when we start to accept bad ideas because we won't move ahead if we chuck them.
You have to stop holding onto bad ideas because its your only way forwards if you want your actions to mean a darn thing!
You have to smell those bad ideas out, uproot them and kickem to the curb. ACTION being effective, should be your only hope.
You are the one that must create opportunity, and your confidence must combine with your determination, and then you have to handle the feeling of possibly not moving ahead and judge your actions based on results, and not be satisfied until they produce. .
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
