The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Boss Vs. The Employee Mentality

voltron

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 26, 2014
Canada
He's partly true about the drugs though. He got a hookup from a well known hustler at the time to produce - In my lifetime by Jay-Z.

Awesome song. but he's not partly right about the drugs at all. selling drugs is NOT easy money despite what the media has people thinking lol

And him and jayz put up their own money for that video you posted. their own money for rocafella. none of that is easy cause they sold drugs. a few bullets at close range instead of dealing with an angry manager would probably help the general public understand this

In regards to the interview itself: it's amazing how many people are showing their own insecurities and disappointment with their own lives by lashing out at dame and saying how stupid he is. People on instagram posting dumb shit like "remember when you had your car repo'd? " "remember when you had a boss at this place?", it's like they didnt hear anything he said.

I will say dame needs to improve his communication (doesnt NEED to but more people would understand him) it's not that there's no pride in having a job/boss, it's just that it shouldn't be what you strive for at all.

the host of the radio show is still posting snide remarks about the interview on his twitter.
if all 3 hosts left the station and did their own show independently they would be the most popular independent show easily! but as dame said they're comfortable having a boss and getting that check cut.

Lmao they brag about being #1 in certain markets but they never see that #1 check. ever.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

AntEmpire

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 4, 2015
For most people, pride of ownership comes from owning something big like a house, not from the sweat equity behind their names.

It's all I hear at my corporate job:

We just bought a house.
We closed on a house.
My wife is working with contractors to fix the house.
We're expanding the house.

Even with friends, simple talk about saving money often diverts to home ownership.

When I told a friend how well I do with saving money, her response: "That's money you can use to buy a house someday."

True, I have enough to put down a down payment on a decent single family, but I'm not interested, because like Dame I rather invest in myself and my future.

This week I bought a camera tripod and condenser microphone on ebay. Both items together were a small investment of $25 but will make a HUGE difference in content I can put out for my business.

It's an investment I consider a sound one, because with every little upgrade I make over time, I know I will increase my chances for greater returns. Like Dame, I'm putting up my money and dealing with the stress of entrepreneurship so I too can stop calling someone else boss someday.

First money in. First money out.

I'll get my house some other day.

Tobore

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 30, 2013
Above and Beyond
Light is blinding, not to the bearer but to the receiver...

slowlane statements such as: "I like the check!...its constant...its safe".
You even get to hear some from family/friends - "it doesn't matter....I've got job security".
are some of the reasons why people will never move their asses and change their lives.

I think the motivating (rather,limiting) factor behind their mentality is "pure greed".
they never want to give something because they think its much safer to take from others.

Even if they say they do it for their kids or spouses they're lying...they do it for themselves!
that's why parents want to their kids to get good grades and get better jobs in the first place...
so they, too can do it for themselves...not for their kids or family.

When you break out of this pattern you become a threat to friends,family and the general
society of Do-It-for-Yourself worshipers

because 1 out of 1million has a fastlane mentality, we almost always start to live like bats -
dwelling in our personal worlds by day and hitting the forum at night so we don't hurt their feelings with our madness.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
i wonder if its genetic, i showed no signs of the almost fanatic drive that i have now, i wanted a degree, good job, settle down with family when i get older... then in college something in my head just clicked and i finally took action on my own to learn game development, then when i got my job after college something in my head clicked again and i realized i never wanna work for anyone else ever again, i want freedom, and i really started taking the app game stuff seriously. One year later and the fire is burning hotter than ever, i often stay 24+ hours at my desk job to work on my game, and i have trouble falling asleep because I'm still not free, i still got work to do!!!

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
showed to my coworkers, they said it's "retarded" and "give me 20 million and i wont have a boss either"
i was smiling the whole time.

I get embarresa
i wonder if its genetic, i showed no signs of the almost fanatic drive that i have now, i wanted a degree, good job, settle down with family when i get older... then in college something in my head just clicked and i finally took action on my own to learn game development, then when i got my job after college something in my head clicked again and i realized i never wanna work for anyone else ever again, i want freedom, and i really started taking the app game stuff seriously. One year later and the fire is burning hotter than ever, i often stay 24+ hours at my desk job to work on my game, and i have trouble falling asleep because I'm still not free, i still got work to do!!!

Keep it up eventually you will be rewarded with lots of dough!

Get rich die trying

Go4Greatness

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Sep 29, 2014
[QUOTE="
I think the motivating (rather,limiting) factor behind their mentality is "pure greed".
they never want to give something because they think its much safer to take from others.

Even if they say they do it for their kids or spouses they're lying...they do it for themselves!
that's why parents want to their kids to get good grades and get better jobs in the first place...
so they, too can do it for themselves...not for their kids or family.
[/QUOTE]

Wow! I never thought about it like that but I think you hit a key point. It's GREED. Their never actually providing anything to society. Their doing it for themselves, not anyone else. The house they want other people to see them in, the car they want people to see them in. They never want to produce anything.

jersey

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Dec 27, 2013
stop it, just stop.

delivering a message such as "if you have a job, you have no pride" and "no real man has boss" is the silliest shit i've heard all week.

clearly states you should NEVER fund a company with someone elses money, which is the 2nd most silliest thing i've heard all week.

you don't get to overlook the absolute nonsense spewing from his mouth and cling on to the cool one liners.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
stop it, just stop.

delivering a message such as "if you have a job, you have no pride" and "no real man has boss" is the silliest shit i've heard all week.

clearly states you should NEVER fund a company with someone elses money, which is the 2nd most silliest thing i've heard all week.

you don't get to overlook the absolute nonsense spewing from his mouth and cling on to the cool one liners.
Lol I'm not sure how to even respond to you. Why are are you here exactly?

And thanks to the OP, kickass stuff!

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Yea, that's proven to be the hard part for me. Friends, family, etc... I almost feel like I have to become a hermit until my defenses are a solid as stone.
I've become like this, I barely socialize, I avoid my family, friends, Facebook is littered with slowlane dogma.
Facebook to me is a fantastic marketing platform and that's about it. I see Facebook as an ATM machine but most see it as a "Keeping Up With The Joneses" drama machine. My family and I had a huge falling out recently over the lifestyle I'm trying to create. They think it's wrong. They thing the struggle is too much and isn't worth it for what's waiting at the end.

It's cool. Stay broke in Western Pennsylvania for the rest of your lives, see if I give a F*ck.

[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!