The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Bigger they Are, The Harder they Fall!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I was having a discussion with some Fastlaners, and the heavy topic of 'the market doesn't care what you like to do' came up. My cohorts stated that it was the bitter truth and that MJ was pretty honest about in the book.

Then it hit me. We Fastlaners are always plagued and swamped by the criticisms and fears of Slowlaners and Sidewalkers around us. Teachers, elders, parents, friends and relatives, I open the papers and find out about the next scam that took down hundreds of money-chasers. Heck, I know relatives who were such victims! A shop with the magic word 'sales' (let alone Black Friday!) is bout to get packed.

Conclusion: The market consists a majority of Sidewalkers and Slowlaners. They may consist of Fastlaners, but Fastlaners either create their own tools or hire people.

And we all know what the Sidewalkers and Slowlaners do....they want this and want that! Clothes, education, food, products! They will throw their money for it and time for it by waiting in long queues! Selfish thought...and that is very low-level thinking! Settle that need and they will love you ! Give them unexpectedly good service and who knows, they'll get hooked for life!

However, there are consumers who do research and having higher-level mentality. They don't fall very easily to simplistic copywriting. But they usually go for high-value products like cars, real estate and furniture.

Therefore it comes down to the design of the Fastlane construct: SCALE and MAGNITUDE

SCALE

Think of it as a machine gun, designed to mow down a hundred soldiers. It hits multiple targets at once, therefore it's good for multitudes.

MJ covered this before, but I shall look into the PSYCHOLOGICAL PULL, which is so essential to getting sales. Some keywords to take note:
COOL. Does the service or system makes them look cool? People want to be adored, to be respected.
VISUALISATION. Give them the picture! Look at McDonald's. That goey cheeseburger, the rich brown sauce slipping off the roasted meat tucked between two warm buns that just came out of the oven!
MAGIC WORDS. People don't know what they need until you give them the words. A student looks for the words 'cheap' and 'affordable'. A gamer looks for 'high-quality graphics' and 'no lag'. Clothes shoppers look for 'trendy' and 'style'.

It's quite easy to knock them over because they have quite primitive thinking. Look into copywriting (my present forage) and Internet channels! Fire the machine gun of Scale at places where there are lots of targets!

MAGNITUDE
What do bombs do? Wipe out cities! Wipe out worlds! Excuse me for sounding like a James Bond villain.
A Magnitude Fastlane Bomb goes BIG in terms of pull and profits.

An example would be renting. I was looking for a unit to stay near my college. The show units looked decent and clean, and I was hooked. However, I was disappointed to discover that my real unit was dismal and dusty to the point I broke out in hives :(

I'm switching units soon.

My point is that, you have to pay more attention to the QUALITY OF PRODUCT OR SERVICE should your system harbour on MAGNITUDE. If your Fastlane construct is based on SCALE, a little lax is allowed. People complain about the greasy McD burgers and proceed to eat it anyway...and return soon after. Their need was solved...low-level thinking. But MAGNITUDE customers are more picky. They want a job well done, and they are very particular about it. But as long as you can give it, they WILL pay MORE than the SCALE users.

An example of a MAGNITUDE SUCCESS would be a school enrolment. School fees are high so it's MAGNITUDE. As a parent, you would be pleased to find lots of good wholesome activites, teachers that boast of a very good scoring record and seniors showing their pride of their school. The enrolment of your child would be logical. Very thorough compared to a McD's.

What kind of Fastlane construct do you want to make? Even when we are solving NEEDS, we may choose to lean towards SCALE or MAGNITUDE. Eventually we might mix both together, but the focus at the beginning will be either of the two.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.