The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thank you for having me here!

nordine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Sep 10, 2020
Belgim
Hello,

I'm a french speaker 32 years old programmer.

I started to read the the millionaire's fastlane recently, didn't finish yet but it already helped me to confirm some of intuitions I have for years now.

I failed at school, failed to have a carreer until 25. While my friends were in their last year of school, almost ready to start to work, I couldn't get a single job.

In 2010, I started a bachelor degree in computer sciences in night classes.

The school was shitty and had a bad reputation, but I kept up. Well I was a bit lost at the time, needed to do something, I don't regret it.

In 2012, I locked myself for 6 months to learn how to program profesionnaly. School was too bad to be taken seriously during an interview.

I quit smoke, quit facebook, started to eat healthier, was reading and studying 8-12 hours a day, and living with only 600€/month.

Honestly, it was the best time of my life. I learned that I can easily live without the latest iPhone and to appreciate to work my a$$ hard for what I really want (well, at the time it was a carreer, but don't blame me I didn't know yet!)

since then, I just have to snap my fingers to find a job as a developer. BUT. I smoke again, and to eat whatever crap I find. No sport, no life, just stress.

I became a freelancer 2 years ago and I earn more than anyone in my family / friends. But it's not what I want. I still have to trade 5 days of my life to earn 2 days of freedom. People keeps telling me to buy houses, invest in the stock market. But I don't want to enjoy life in 25 years, I want to enjoy while I'm young.

Being a freelancer is nice but you are still a slave of the 9-5.

I have 0 debt right now, some money at the bank. I can stop working for 3-4 years and still pay my bills on time.

I'm looking forward to find the feeling I had in 2012, when I was living with little but 100% confident that I will make it at some point. It happened.

Thank you for having me here!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007