The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ten Degrees of Reckoning: A True Story of Survival

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Incredible survival story.

Woman Survives Shipwreck, Watches Family Perish

Are we bold enough to embrace and appreciate life, so that if something like this happens, we don't have regrets about the way we've lived? And if harm does come to us, we have to learn to transition with resolve and grace, instead of rage and revenge.

Our little moments, those little celebrations -- they're not so little. When you have a conversation with someone, and the connection fills you with glee, that's not a small thing. I don't know why we're so infatuated with the thought that we have to wait to live well -- wait until we have more time, more money or even a partner. Every day, we can love whoever is in our lives. We can tell people how we feel about them. We can learn to be as hopeful as Judy is. She's one of the most optimistic people I know, even in the face of injustice and tragedy. She has decided that if she doesn't live joyfully, it would be a betrayal to the way she asked her family to live. That's why I think she's a hero for our times.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Thats a tough one. Mother ocean can be brutal, very, very brutal.

Your hear horror story's like that from time to time. My personal worst nightmare is coming down the backside of a wave at night and having the bottom of my boat ripped out by a half sumerged container. My friend passed within 100ft of one on one of his Bermuda trips!

My friend was nearly killed coming back from Bermuda in his Swan 46 a few years ago. He said it was a pretty bad night, but not horrible. 30 knot winds with 10-12 foot sea's. Crummy but he has an experianced crew and a very good boat, nothing they couldn't handle. He said he was coming up on deck to change sails, he had just stuck his head through the hatch and was reaching with his hand to snap his life line in, when BAM a micro burst hit them. It threw the Swan on its side like a kids toy. He said he can't imagin what it was blowing to knock that boat on its side like that, probably 100+ knots. It threw him out of the hatch and luckly he was able to grab a line and hang on for dear life as he prayed the boat would come back. He spent the longest minute of his life floating in the water. He said he couldn't see or hear anything with the spray and noise, finaly it let up a bit and Nauter builds one hell of a boat she popped up without any damage, all crew were accounted for.:cheers:

Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You want to read about some humbling conditions read the books written on the 98 Sydney to Hobart race.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.