The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tapatalk Removed ... Please Use Forum's Native App

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For all the forum's users who use Tapatalk to access the forum, I'm sorry to report that the forum will no longer support this third-party app.

To view the forum from your smartphone or other mobile device, please access via the native web browser that comes with your phone.

The forum is now optimized for better mobile viewing and will improve as time passes. Tweaks are still underway.

For instructions on how to get the FORUM on your phone's home screen, see here. As I mentioned in that thread, I've surfed the forum on my iPhone more in the last week than I have in the last ten years.

As for the decision on why we removed Tapatalk, the decision comes down to a number of factors which accumulated into a removal decision, one that outweighs the potential disruption from removing the app. (I am fully aware that a lot of users here use it.)

#1) I do not agree with their terms of service, namely, how they use the forum's data, sometimes without the admin's knowledge. There's some disturbing history out there alleged, some involving use of data without consent, from clubs to unauthorized "Chat rooms" -- there's too many "stories" out there I do not like.

#2) I don't believe they care much about Xenforo. Their app is not even in Xenforo's resource center, the central depot of all add-ons relative to Xenforo. If your add-on is not in the Xenforo resource center, it's concerning.

#3) Questionable code by those who know code. Lot of reports of things breaking, bugs, and other issues, especially when trying to UNINSTALL.

#4) Their app doesn't behave well with native features to the software, sometimes screwing up permissions and indexing w/respect to search engines.

#5) And finally, the thing that really took the decision over the top was I was unable to DISABLE their mobile pop-up which encouraged users to bypass the forum and download their app.

In other words, if a new user visited the forum by a mobile device, TAPATALK would SHOVE a notice on their screen asking them to skip the forum natively, and instead try to redirect them to install their app. In short, my traffic would be building their business FIRST, and mine SECOND.

I simply wanted to disable this function (which they allowed many years ago). Now that ability and configuration option seems to have quietly disappeared -- forcing me to REDIRECT my users to their app without my ability to decline the option.

Sorry, ain't happening.

That said, you enjoy the forum but are used to consuming it via Tapatalk, I hope you give the forum a try natively and browser based.

For more info on that, please hit this thread:

Thanks for you understanding,
MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MaverickAZ

Can't cut it out, it will grow right back!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Apr 11, 2019
All valid reasons and fully support the decision. Thanks for making the site more mobile friendly for those of us on the go. I literally downloaded TapTalk today, then googled how to get FLM on tap talk and found this thread from less than a week ago -- haha.

D

Deleted50669

For all the forum's users who use Tapatalk to access the forum, I'm sorry to report that the forum will no longer support this third-party app.

To view the forum from your smartphone or other mobile device, please access via the native web browser that comes with your phone.

The forum is now optimized for better mobile viewing and will improve as time passes. Tweaks are still underway.

For instructions on how to get the FORUM on your phone's home screen, see here. As I mentioned in that thread, I've surfed the forum on my iPhone more in the last week than I have in the last ten years.

As for the decision on why we removed Tapatalk, the decision comes down to a number of factors which accumulated into a removal decision, one that outweighs the potential disruption from removing the app. (I am fully aware that a lot of users here use it.)

#1) I do not agree with their terms of service, namely, how they use the forum's data, sometimes without the admin's knowledge. There's some disturbing history out there alleged, some involving use of data without consent, from clubs to unauthorized "Chat rooms" -- there's too many "stories" out there I do not like.

View attachment 24946

#2) I don't believe they care much about Xenforo. Their app is not even in Xenforo's resource center, the central depot of all add-ons relative to Xenforo. If your add-on is not in the Xenforo resource center, it's concerning.

#3) Questionable code by those who know code. Lot of reports of things breaking, bugs, and other issues, especially when trying to UNINSTALL.

View attachment 24945

#4) Their app doesn't behave well with native features to the software, sometimes screwing up permissions and indexing w/respect to search engines.

View attachment 24947

#5) And finally, the thing that really took the decision over the top was I was unable to DISABLE their mobile pop-up which encouraged users to bypass the forum and download their app.

In other words, if a new user visited the forum by a mobile device, TAPATALK would SHOVE a notice on their screen asking them to skip the forum natively, and instead try to redirect them to install their app. In short, my traffic would be building their business FIRST, and mine SECOND.

I simply wanted to disable this function (which they allowed many years ago). Now that ability and configuration option seems to have quietly disappeared -- forcing me to REDIRECT my users to their app without my ability to decline the option.

Sorry, ain't happening.

That said, you enjoy the forum but are used to consuming it via Tapatalk, I hope you give the forum a try natively and browser based.

MJ
Curious, is the FLF still running on PHP?

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Solais

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Sep 14, 2018

View attachment 24946

View attachment 24945

View attachment 24947

Sorry, ain't happening.

MJ

Those are the most intrusive TOS I've ever seen for some run-of-the-mill "software" program.

It's almost like the marketplace for their product is a highly competitive one and not an oligopolistic one. o_O

A complete f**king joke TBH. I'm just sitting here laughing at how pretentious they are.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.