The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

TAMPA BAY, FL Fastlane Meetup

S. Brown

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 23, 2014
Tampa Bay, Fl
This place looks awesome. Hope they have patio heaters (or strong booze).
It does look awesome and it seems like the forecast temp is going up as we get closer... High 70-low 53 so far. Sort of cold but still nice.

Each of us should have a good time and get something positive from meeting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

NoMess

Inventor/Entrepreuner
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 29, 2015
Clermont, FL
Should we put together any type of meeting agenda or are we just going to winging it?

This will be my first experience with "fastlaners" so I started wondering about the "meeting" format.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

NoMess

Inventor/Entrepreuner
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 29, 2015
Clermont, FL
For one reason or another, this has been on my mind all day. Given no one has answered my question about the agenda, I propose the following "agenda." Each person answer 4 simple questions.

This can be accomplished in 2 different ways:
Around the table - all sit around the table and we just start with one person and on to the next until everyone has had their turn. This is my preference so I don't to say the same thing many times. Also, this will take less time and afterwards we can seek out the ones that said something that interest us.
Speed dating style - each person gets 30 seconds with someone else attending to answer the questions below. This takes more time but you get more one-on-one face time with ALL attendees.

Questions
  • Who Are You? Simple, state your name. Maybe even your fastlane name too.
  • Where Do You live? General area is fine. For me, Clermont, FL - about an hour and a half from here, just West of Orlando.
  • What Are You Working On (your Fastlane Project)? Nice and broad, and each member can answer with whatever they feel comfortable sharing.
  • Do You Have An Agenda For Today? Very often people attend these type of meetings with a specific purpose in mind. Others may be focused on similar goals or wanting something in particular. Your answer may be: to look for others with similar mind sets and who are willing to share experiences and provide feedback for the benefit of the overall group. OR JUST: here to drink beer and chat with fastlaners because we're the coolest people on the planet!
I was even considering bringing name tags so we could write down our names. This gives everyone the comfort of reading my name instead of attempting to remember so many new names.

A second thought I had on the name tag was a "fastlane project" tag; we could write a statement or a few words to describe our fastlane project. For me, I'd just write "inventing."

If a few respond and like the ideas above, I'll pick up the "name tags" and "project tags" for the group and bring out a printed sheet to pass around so everyone will have the same questions.

S. Brown

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 23, 2014
Tampa Bay, Fl
For one reason or another, this has been on my mind all day. Given no one has answered my question about the agenda, I propose the following "agenda." Each person answer 4 simple questions.

This can be accomplished in 2 different ways:
Around the table - all sit around the table and we just start with one person and on to the next until everyone has had their turn. This is my preference so I don't to say the same thing many times. Also, this will take less time and afterwards we can seek out the ones that said something that interest us.
Speed dating style - each person gets 30 seconds with someone else attending to answer the questions below. This takes more time but you get more one-on-one face time with ALL attendees.

Questions
  • Who Are You? Simple, state your name. Maybe even your fastlane name too.
  • Where Do You live? General area is fine. For me, Clermont, FL - about an hour and a half from here, just West of Orlando.
  • What Are You Working On (your Fastlane Project)? Nice and broad, and each member can answer with whatever they feel comfortable sharing.
  • Do You Have An Agenda For Today? Very often people attend these type of meetings with a specific purpose in mind. Others may be focused on similar goals or wanting something in particular. Your answer may be: to look for others with similar mind sets and who are willing to share experiences and provide feedback for the benefit of the overall group. OR JUST: here to drink beer and chat with fastlaners because we're the coolest people on the planet!
I was even considering bringing name tags so we could write down our names. This gives everyone the comfort of reading my name instead of attempting to remember so many new names.

A second thought I had on the name tag was a "fastlane project" tag; we could write a statement or a few words to describe our fastlane project. For me, I'd just write "inventing."

If a few respond and like the ideas above, I'll pick up the "name tags" and "project tags" for the group and bring out a printed sheet to pass around so everyone will have the same questions.
...Introducing ourselves in beginning.

From there on... Going with the flow and doing what comes natural is what I had in mind, so it won't seem like a interview /formal as such.

Everything will fall into place on its own when the intention is to provide value and enjoy ourselves.

NoMess

Inventor/Entrepreuner
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 29, 2015
Clermont, FL
Going with the flow and doing what comes natural is what I was going to do, so it won't seem like a interview /formal as such.

I don't know the group and was just worried that some may need a little help "getting started." Don't want anything formal myself.

Of course, you know something bad (fun to watch) is about to happen when you hear "hold my beer and watch this!"

I may be overthinking this.....

S. Brown

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 23, 2014
Tampa Bay, Fl
I don't know the group and was just worried that some may need a little help "getting started." Don't want anything formal myself.

Of course, you know something bad (fun to watch) is about to happen when you hear "hold my beer and watch this!"

I may be overthinking this.....
It'll be alright... Just come with positive mindset and intention to provide. We all have different experiences so we can learn at least something from eachother.

I don't know anyone personally either.

S. Brown

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 23, 2014
Tampa Bay, Fl
It'll be alright... Just come with positive mindset and intention to provide. We all have different experiences so we can learn at least something from eachother.

I don't know anyone personally either.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The objective :
  • meet some cool people
  • have a few drinks and a bit of food
  • shoot the shit
  • add to your rolodex for later use
  • hopefully walk away with a few more contacts than you had when you walked in
If @Kung Fu Steve shows up, nobody has to do anything. Just sit back and watch the show, and enjoy. If Steve comes, you also don't have to worry about being a wall flower as he won't let you be.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
The objective :
  • meet some cool people
  • have a few drinks and a bit of food
  • shoot the shit
  • add to your rolodex for later use
  • hopefully walk away with a few more contacts than you had when you walked in
If @Kung Fu Steve shows up, nobody has to do anything. Just sit back and watch the show, and enjoy. If Steve comes, you also don't have to worry about being a wall flower as he won't let you be.

Accurate.

And also Vig and I will be completely plastered and yelling obscenities at all the whipper schnappers!

:p

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Pics please!

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
Shit... wish I was closer! This sounds like fun! ;)

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Gang, super sorry but it's looking like I won't have the time to get up there tomorrow. Have some meetings in the morning and business takes priority.

If you have another meet up soon -- @Vigilante owes me an adult beverage anyways... (or maybe I owe him? I get that confused) -- hit me up :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Gang, super sorry but it's looking like I won't have the time to get up there tomorrow. Have some meetings in the morning and business takes priority.

If you have another meet up soon -- @Vigilante owes me an adult beverage anyways... (or maybe I owe him? I get that confused) -- hit me up :)

I must owe you for the suggestions and help you gave me with my motivational speaking engagement. However, now you owe for standing us up in Tampa. Are you going to be in Scottsdale in February?

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I must owe you for the suggestions and help you gave me with my motivational speaking engagement. However, now you owe for standing us up in Tampa. Are you going to be in Scottsdale in February?

Of course! I'll be speaking!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Ok, actually it looks like I should be able to make it just fine!

6:00ish. @Vigilante you going to be around earlier? feel like grabbing a bite there?

I would have loved to but I will probably get there right at 6 PM or a few minutes after

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If anyone wants to see the legendary yellow F350 that was stolen earlier this year, I will be driving it down to the meetup. :)

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Alright I'm leaving Ft Myers now to head up.

If you need me I'll be on FB messenger facebook.com/stephenhilgart

See y'all soon. Vig is buying he said.

S. Brown

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 23, 2014
Tampa Bay, Fl
See everyone soon.

I'll pm you all my # just in case.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
It was great meeting everyone last night!

@Vigilante can you pm me your email? The live@myb wasn't working.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
It's been about 6 months since our last meetup.

Who's interested in a meetup later this month (one of the last few weekends in June)?

@Vigilante
@S. Brown
@Duane
@NoMess

S. Brown

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 23, 2014