The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Talkroute founder saying "hello"

PHowey

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 7, 2014
Chicago
Hello!

My name is Paul Howey and I am one of the owners and co-founders of www.talkroute.com

We are based out of Chicago, IL.

My personal expertise is in business development, website development, media and marketing, UI design, product development, and a few other various areas of experience.

I am looking forward to being apart of the community and sharing my knowledge, as well as learning from other members here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard. I wish I knew about your service years ago -- spent $30K+ on a PBX phone system for my business that ultimately sucked. LOL.

PHowey

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 7, 2014
Chicago
Welcome aboard. I wish I knew about your service years ago -- spent $30K+ on a PBX phone system for my business that ultimately sucked. LOL.

Haha I wish we would have developed it years ago!!! Honestly, the technology has only been more recently available to do this properly now. Our solution is also 100% proprietary and took several years to develop.

We were in the Hosted PBX phone system game for quite a while. We sold complete phone systems and VoIP service and found many customers to have poor onsite infrastructure that wouldn't properly support VoIP. We spent the majority of our day dealing with support inquiries related to onsite equipment and internet service that we were not even responsible for... Not to mention, the market is highly competitive in the enterprise phone system industry.

We decided to take a step back and develop a scaleable solution that would manage existing phones and service for startups and small businesses. It has been a lot of fun :)

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Hello!

My name is Paul Howey and I am one of the owners and co-founders of www.talkroute.com

We are based out of Chicago, IL.

My personal expertise is in business development, website development, media and marketing, UI design, product development, and a few other various areas of experience.

I am looking forward to being apart of the community and sharing my knowledge, as well as learning from other members here.

Hello Phowey :) Welcome to the forum!

Do you know Talkdesk? I know one of the founders, they are in the same system as you but I believe they are focusing more on big clients with high CRM needs.

Are you working with EU phone numbers?

I will be needing UK, ES and Portuguese phone numbers soon to be redirected to my Phone by SIP or direct call, preferably integrated with a IVR or auto-respond so we the customer knows we'll be calling back as soon as we can. I've already seen some good offers on the EU market, my only setback is the Portuguese numbers start with 303 (VOIP numbers) and I would prefer a regular landline number (more trustable).

Do you operate on the EU or recommend any company? (Sry for hijacking your introduction :) )

Have a nice ride!

Last edited:

PHowey

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 7, 2014
Chicago
Thank you, I am glad to be here!

I have seen Talkdesk before. Yes, they focus on larger enterprise level clients with big CRM requirements. We chose to focus on the smaller businesses (0 to 5 employees) as there are currently very few professional call manager options available. An example of a direct competitor for us is Google Voice. Google Voice offers the same basic premise as Talkroute without the enterprise level features.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Thank you, I am glad to be here!

I have seen Talkdesk before. Yes, they focus on larger enterprise level clients. We chose to focus on the smaller businesses (0 to 5 employees) as there are currently very few professional call manager options available. An example of a direct competitor for us is Google Voice. Google Voice offers the same basic premise as Talkroute without the enterprise level features.

Sry I just edited my previous reply, you were faster :p

Google Voice sounds great, but it's US only unfortunately.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
Welcome.

FYI, it look me a good 30 seconds to figure out what your business does (sound is muted so I didn't watch the video).

"A professional presence solution" and "Take your business everywhere with a professional image"? :confused:

Finally I saw virtual PBX phone systems and got it - you should make that more clear.

Also, are toll free lines more than local numbers per month?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...