The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking the leap

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
Hi Guys,

My time has finally come to take the leap. I've been reading other peoples success for a while now and it's time to make my own.

My business is based locally at the moment providing Fresh, natural and organic drinks. In a couple of months time I plan to open up a fancy stall at our huge shopping centre to widen the audience. Sounds like a slowlane for now but I do have plans to make it available worldwide even if it's not the drinks. So I plan to release several recipe ebooks but with details description what the pro's and con's of each recipe and why you should use it.

In the future if things go well, I would like to think that franchising is an option.

You may be thinking why on earth would I be interested in this?

After new years eve, I noticed many people wanted to diet, cleanse their body, basically detox. No where in my area were there anything that people could buy that was FRESH!. So the main purpose of this is the detox, but smoothies for everyone are on the menu. Including kids smoothies.

At the moment I'm working from home and currently doing my plan so I have it all on paper. The only problem I have at the moment is a product name. I looked at 'innocent drinks' and they have a great name. I tried 'Feel Good' but obviously they are taken. I will keep you guys updated and if you have any feedback or even help with business names I would love to hear.

No, I won't rip off your name. Just use it as a base for ideas.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nickR8

999999999 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 5, 2014
Austin, TX
Congrats on taking the leap!

I agree that people are becoming more health-conscious in general... so it seems like your biz would be following a good trend. I'd take a healthy drink over ice-cream any day of the week!

So I plan to release several recipe ebooks but with details description what the pro's and con's of each recipe and why you should use it.
Not quite sure how the ebooks will fit in with your local organic drink biz.... You might want to print those recipes on some flyers and hand them out for promotion purposes. That way people might actually keep the flyer, try to make the drink at home and then come to your biz and buy it... just an idea.

I don't have any idea for the name though... I'd say you make a huge mindmap with all words related to your business and try to mix and match. This website might spark some ideas: http://www.panabee.com/ (it's for generating website names).

Good luck on the biz!

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
Thanks for the feedback!

Not quite sure how the ebooks will fit in with your local organic drink biz.... You might want to print those recipes on some flyers and hand them out for promotion purposes. That way people might actually keep the flyer, try to make the drink at home and then come to your biz and buy it... just an idea.

The main idea of this is to drive interest around the world. Obviously because we are local not everyone can enjoy our drinks, so you have the choice to make them yourself. As well as other exciting recipes. Maybe it will open up interesting offers from around the world, who knows?

Thanks again, and I'll give that link a check!

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Where are you based?

Franchising is definately the way to go but before you can franchise you gotta get it all perfect or near enough

Recipes: They gotta be exact and easy to reproduce anywhere in the country, taste great and popular
Design: Store design & branding gotta be pretty cool
Location: You need a great high traffic location and you gotta make enough money to pay the high rent, you gotta run your shop profitably and open a few others yourself before you can take on any franchisers.
Marketing: Have designers and professional marketing emails/flyers so when you take on franchisees you can market for them.

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
I'm based near Leeds.

I understand I'm a long way off franchising it was just an option for the future.

I have a great team working with me which have experience in nutrition and what foods combined go best together so that the recipes actually mean something.

Currently where I'm located, it is a high fitness town. Nearly everyone here wants to be healthy and fit etc. I don't plan to have a shop yet or in the near future. I want to keep it home based for as long as I can and everything been delivered. That's another USP for it, the customer doesn't have to do anything but place the order. Obviously future wise, to be able to franchise it I'm going to have to do something but that's later later on.

The closest thing I want to a shop is a unit with a kitchen where everything can be prepared.

Thanks for your input though bud.

TWR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 20, 2014
North East Scotland
Congrats on taking the leap and I wish you all the best.

So I plan to release several recipe ebooks but with details description what the pro's and con's of each recipe and why you should use it.

I've always wondered about companies making their recipes available to consumers. There is obviously a chance that potential customers might just make their own drink/food, especially in the current economical climate. Could there be an option to have your ingredients readily available on a website yet your home page of the website could offer up an order form. As per:

That's another USP for it, the customer doesn't have to do anything but place the order.

Dan Willis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 6, 2014
Congrats on taking the leap and I wish you all the best.

I've always wondered about companies making their recipes available to consumers. There is obviously a chance that potential customers might just make their own drink/food, especially in the current economical climate. Could there be an option to have your ingredients readily available on a website yet your home page of the website could offer up an order form. As per:

Love this concept where your recipes are going to be taken and re-used regardless but for you to offer a one stop shop for the more difficult to find ingredients with a reasonable ;) cost attached for the service of providing these hard to get items.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.