The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking a physical store online; getting feedback from customers

Varun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 9, 2018
Hello,

I own a physical store selling consumer electronics(TVs, refrigerators, etc. - India). It is quite clear that business is changing and integrating online business with offline in meaningful ways is the way to go.

I'm just struggling to understand how to valuably integrate the online component with my business. How do I help the customers there? How do I add value?

In my industry, the key variables I could think of are all related to service, presentation(display of goods), salesman professionalism. The website value array is completely different, hence my confusion about adding value in meaningful ways. At most, I could go down the omnichanneling route. I don't just want to start sending facebook ads - quite wary of just burning cash.

Anyone in the same boat?

Edit: What are some good ways to get feedback from customers? Most customers who make a purchase always give good reviews, but they are not really helpful. I have been thinking of sending emails to customers who both buy, and do not buy, but do not yet know how to get to the ones who don't buy properly.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Seems like consumer electronics is a fairly commoditized business. So, what value can you add to the consumer's experience? What do they need and/or want that you could provide--beyond simply selling a product?

For example, maybe recommended models of refrigerators for a consumer in X, Y, or Z situation (e.g., family of 4 vs. married couple).

Or:
  • delivery service
  • maintenance
  • upsell complimentary products

You might want to check out "Getting all you can out of everything you've got" by Jay Abraham--it's a goldmine of strategies for business growth.

Varun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 9, 2018
Seems like consumer electronics is a fairly commoditized business. So, what value can you add to the consumer's experience? What do they need and/or want that you could provide--beyond simply selling a product?

For example, maybe recommended models of refrigerators for a consumer in X, Y, or Z situation (e.g., family of 4 vs. married couple).

Or:
  • delivery service
  • maintenance
  • upsell complimentary products

You might want to check out "Getting all you can out of everything you've got" by Jay Abraham--it's a goldmine of strategies for business growth.

Thank you. Yes, it is quite commoditized. I'm already prioritizing delivery... what do you mean by maintenance? The upselling complimentary products is a good tip, and I'm going to read that book!

Last edited:

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
So from a consumers point of view, I often find pain in setting up, adjusting, etc., these products. I search Youtube when I need help, but that can be a pain too. Is this a pain or enough of a pain for your customers that you could offer something related to helping them setup their purchases ? Short instruction videos for the products they buy ? I don't even know if this is even possible or reasonable.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Varun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 9, 2018
So from a consumers point of view, I often find pain in setting up, adjusting, etc., these products. I search Youtube when I need help, but that can be a pain too. Is this a pain or enough of a pain for your customers that you could offer something related to helping them setup their purchases ? Short instruction videos for the products they buy ? I don't even know if this is even possible or reasonable.

This is nice. I wonder how big a need this will be in different geographical locations. In my country(India), we have free installations for this sort of stuff. This is true for certain products, other products are installed on their own, but the big ones are mostly installed by professionals.

Nice insight :)

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Thank you. Yes, it is quite commoditized. I'm already prioritizing delivery... what do you mean by maintenance? The upselling complimentary products is a good tip, and I'm going to read that book!
For maintenance, you could offer maintenance contracts--either like an extended warranty--or as-needed or monthly/quarterly maintenance.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.