JasonR
Maverick
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
I took a break from work to take a dip in the hot tub. It was 12:00 AM. I was tired, but couldn’t sleep. I took a deep breath, witnessed a shooting star streak across the night sky, and smiled. I couldn’t believe how much my life had changed in less than a week.
Three of my friends, all of which I first met at Beer & Pancakes 2013, decided to to move to Scottsdale, AZ and from what we like to call “Project Scottsdale.” We had 6 months to move to Scottsdale, each of us coming from at least 700 miles away. We managed to make it in 8.
I was nervous about leaving friends, family, and California behind. But hey, it was only for 6 months right? We started this project to focus exclusively on our businesses, and to surround ourselves with people who had similar goals. Sure, we are all young (some relatively), but the amount of wisdom I have gained, and input we get on our businesses, is 10x what I ever got back home. Our businesses our growing, and we’re figuring things out. We all know that even if our current venture fails, none of us will stop until we’ve had at least one giant success.
For the first time it feels like I’m where I belong. Life is in balance. We work from dusk until dawn, but still find time to get away here and there. Sort of like Mark Cuban wrote in his book, our focus is business, business, and business, but we go out and let off some steam one or two nights a week, take a quick dip in the hot tub, and hit the gym.
Words cannot express how we are all growing in every area of our life. Business, girls, body, and mind. You just can’t get this experience like this any other way. Hell, I probably approached 20 women the first night we went out. In this group, it’s sink or swim, and you don’t want to be left behind.
Are the people you surround yourself with holding you back? Is where you live detrimental to your goals and fastlane plan?
Take the leap, and jump. Do what you need to do. Move, find new friends, form a mastermind group. It will take you places you’d never thought you’d go, and will expand your mind exponentially.
-J
Three of my friends, all of which I first met at Beer & Pancakes 2013, decided to to move to Scottsdale, AZ and from what we like to call “Project Scottsdale.” We had 6 months to move to Scottsdale, each of us coming from at least 700 miles away. We managed to make it in 8.
I was nervous about leaving friends, family, and California behind. But hey, it was only for 6 months right? We started this project to focus exclusively on our businesses, and to surround ourselves with people who had similar goals. Sure, we are all young (some relatively), but the amount of wisdom I have gained, and input we get on our businesses, is 10x what I ever got back home. Our businesses our growing, and we’re figuring things out. We all know that even if our current venture fails, none of us will stop until we’ve had at least one giant success.
For the first time it feels like I’m where I belong. Life is in balance. We work from dusk until dawn, but still find time to get away here and there. Sort of like Mark Cuban wrote in his book, our focus is business, business, and business, but we go out and let off some steam one or two nights a week, take a quick dip in the hot tub, and hit the gym.
Words cannot express how we are all growing in every area of our life. Business, girls, body, and mind. You just can’t get this experience like this any other way. Hell, I probably approached 20 women the first night we went out. In this group, it’s sink or swim, and you don’t want to be left behind.
Are the people you surround yourself with holding you back? Is where you live detrimental to your goals and fastlane plan?
Take the leap, and jump. Do what you need to do. Move, find new friends, form a mastermind group. It will take you places you’d never thought you’d go, and will expand your mind exponentially.
-J
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
