What's new

systems brainstorm

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Nathan

New Contributor
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
98
Location
Denver, CO
Rep Bank
$265
User Power: 10%
I'm currently on a web-site which will be a very niche market. I'm planning to use it as a test-bed, and then branch out in the same industry to a more broad customer base using the same systems. It's a subscription based site where users will create most of the content - so some filtering will probably be needed.

I've been working on creating automated systems for the site, so in essence it will pretty much run itself.

So far the areas I have (in no particular order):

Site errors/problems/statistics/bandwidth
Payment processing
Scammers/Problem users
Advertising
Redundancy/Backup
Customer Service
Content Issues/Filtering
Security

I believe all of those can be fully automated except for customer service. I'm honestly quite unsure of how to turn that into a system. I'm obviously going to go ahead with it not being automated and see what issues occur, and slowly mold that. I've also thought of outsourcing it out, or hiring some hourly work from home. It will get worked out.

But I basically wanted to get your ideas on what else might be added to the list that I'm overlooking. I come from an IT background, but I've never ran a large site, so I don't know what the issues would be. I'd prefer to create scalability from the beginning instead of building on top of as I go.

Nathan
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Pevjep,
Tuni ofiet O jewi up ev mietv qesvoemmz eavunevoph datvunis tiswodi:

  • Dsievi ep iyviptowi GER, us Lpuxmifhi Ceti xjisi wotovust dep tiesdj gus vjios uxp tumavoupt, epf ipduasehi vjin vu ati ov.
  • Gus zuas gostv miwim datvunis taqqusv, fosidv atist vu vji GER - qisjeqt xovj ep eavu-sitqupfis.
  • Dsievi gusnt up vji tovi vjev fimowis dunnup siraitvt, o.i. depdimmevoupt, vu vji sohjv "fiqesvnipv" (iwip og emm fiqesvnipvt esi zua) tu vjev vjiz dep ci qsudittif iggodoipvmz.
  • Dupfadv nutv DT gapdvoupt woe ineom epf qsunoti e 24-48 juas sitqupti voni tu vjev zua esip'v duptvepvmz voif vu vji tovi. Ci tasi tuniupi dep sitqupf ev mietv updi e fez.
 
Vjeplt gus vji voqt. Uwis vjot xiilipf O'wi vjuahjv ecuav ov tuni nusi. O xupfis og ov xuamf ci xusvjxjomi vu josi tuniupi juasmz vu katv jepfmi vji datvunis tiswodi. Veli e rai gsun Von Gissot epf vji "Guas Juas Xuslxiil" cuul, epf katv uavtuasdi, cav howi vjin eavjusovz vu veli desi ug ottait. Epzupi velip vjev eqqsuedj epf edvaemmz jewi ov op ati?
 
Pevjep,

Djidluav jvvq://vipfiseqq.dun/ .

Og zua'si huoph vu uavtuasdi ov, zua tvomm piif vu jewi tqidogod tztvint op qmedi (iwip og ov't e nevvis ug "Og Y, fu Z" iydim tjiiv gus vji xuslis).
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom