The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Synergy+fastline

Idea threads

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
“The whole is greater than sum of its parts” Aristotle about synergy

I was thinking for a while, how synergy and fastline can be integrated. Below is a process of how it can be done.

Suppose that we have 10 businesses, each business has a solution to one painful problem (in total 10 different problems). Each business has 10 customers, each pays $100 for the solution. Each business has $1,000 in sales from 10 customers.

Suppose that these businesses cooperate and exchange customers for 20% commission, who want solutions of other problems. Assuming that each customer wants solutions to 10 different problems, each business will have 9 new customers (one from each business) from which this business get 80%* $900=$720 additional sales and also 20%*$900=$180 from own customers who will buy from other businesses. In total each business increase sales on $900 (90%).

Imagine a business (website) where businesses can do such exchange and the site earn commission from each deal.

We can test this idea by creating a thread of different problems we can solve and then to match different customers who want solutions to these problems. Results of this experiment we can report in a new thread -”results of the experiment”.

If this experiment will be successful we can setup a real business and offer such service to external businesses.

What do you think about this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
“The whole is greater than sum of its parts” Aristotle about synergy

I was thinking for a while, how synergy and fastline can be integrated. Below is a process of how it can be done.

Suppose that we have 10 businesses, each business has a solution to one painful problem (in total 10 different problems). Each business has 10 customers, each pays $100 for the solution. Each business has $1,000 in sales from 10 customers.

Suppose that these businesses cooperate and exchange customers for 20% commission, who want solutions of other problems. Assuming that each customer wants solutions to 10 different problems, each business will have 9 new customers (one from each business) from which this business get 80%* $900=$720 additional sales and also 20%*$900=$180 from own customers who will buy from other businesses. In total each business increase sales on $900 (90%).

Imagine a business (website) where businesses can do such exchange and the site earn commission from each deal.

We can test this idea by creating a thread of different problems we can solve and then to match different customers who want solutions to these problems. Results of this experiment we can report in a new thread -”results of the experiment”.

If this experiment will be successful we can setup a real business and offer such service to external businesses.

What do you think about this?
I think you posted 25 messages in less than an hour, which sets off all kind of alarm bells.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Have I violated any rules by being active on the forum?

Probably not but your posts are one liners not worth anything. Like this one for example. :smile2:

That aside, instead of supposing and assuming as your post says, why don't you just go and do something then report and ask for help on how to improve things? That is the purpose of a Forum.

Dan

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Apr 17, 2022
Spamming is against the rules.

If your post-to-likes ratio is less than 1:1 (at least one like for every comment on average), you are probably spamming / posting irrelevant content.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

I don't think so, but spammers and scammers follow a similar pattern. If you welcomed a guest in to your house, and they immediately started welcoming your other guests in to your house, you would rightfully suspect them of trying to establish Authority. It's the first step of a sales pitch.

It looks like you want to be the "idea guy" and get 10 business owners to form a consortium under your tutelage. You want them to risk their businesses, while you risk nothing. Since most business owners would chew through your throat and spine to protect their business, I would be surprised if you found a single participant.

Every time you say "we" or "each business" you are implying someone else will make a sacrifice. The only time you say "I" is when you say "I was thinking".

This is what I see:

Appeal to Authority by quoting Aristotle.

"I was thinking" - I did the hard part.

"Below is a process of how it can be done" - Here is my contribution.

"Suppose that we have 10 businesses" - Give up Control of your business.

"Each business has a solution" - Make your our business conform to my idea.

"Each business has 10 customers" - Share your customer list.

"Imagine a business (website)" - Someone make a website.

"We can test this idea" - You can test this idea.

"we can solve" - You can solve.

"we can report" - You can report.

"we can setup a real business" - I'll be the CEO.

It sounds like you read one of the "start at the top" books, and figured this would be a good place to find 10 business owners.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
I don't think so, but spammers and scammers follow a similar pattern. If you welcomed a guest in to your house, and they immediately started welcoming your other guests in to your house, you would rightfully suspect them of trying to establish Authority. It's the first step of a sales pitch.

It looks like you want to be the "idea guy" and get 10 business owners to form a consortium under your tutelage. You want them to risk their businesses, while you risk nothing. Since most business owners would chew through your throat and spine to protect their business, I would be surprised if you found a single participant.

Every time you say "we" or "each business" you are implying someone else will make a sacrifice. The only time you say "I" is when you say "I was thinking".

This is what I see:

It sounds like you read one of the "start at the top" books, and figured this would be a good place to find 10 business owners.
This post was posted in business idea section, you consider it as a business proposal to implement.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Spamming is against the rules.

If your post-to-likes ratio is less than 1:1 (at least one like for every comment on average), you are probably spamming / posting irrelevant content.
I just said "welcome" to persons who was not welcomed after introducing yourself.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Probably not but your posts are one liners not worth anything. Like this one for example. :smile2:

That aside, instead of supposing and assuming as your post says, why don't you just go and do something then report and ask for help on how to improve things? That is the purpose of a Forum.

Dan

I think that forums are for exchanging of ideas and discussions not progress reporting tools.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022

This is what I see:

Here is the idea in simplified abstract form.

We have one business solving a problem A and the second business solving a problem B. Each business has one customer who pays for the solution 1$. If they not cooperate, each business has $1 in sales. If these two businesses cooperate and share customers they double sales. If three such businesses cooperate and share their customers they triple sales. …. If N such businesses cooperate they increase sales in N times.

Rational people would choose to cooperate and share their customers. The fact of life is that businesses do not cooperate and do not share their customers. They are afraid that competitors steel their customers. What conclusion we can get from this.

Conclusion: Fear (like greed) force rational people to make irrational decisions.

Last edited:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Here is the idea in simplified abstract form.

We have one business solving a problem A and the second business solving a problem B. Each business has one customer who pays for the solution 1$. If they not cooperate, each business has $1 in sales. If these two businesses cooperate and share customers they double sales. If three such businesses cooperate and share their customers they triple sales. …. If N such businesses cooperate they increase sales in N times.

Rational people would choose to cooperate and share their customers. The fact of life is that businesses do not cooperate and do not share their customers. They are afraid that competitors steel their customers. What conclusion we can get from this.

Conclusion: Fear (like greed) force rational people to make irrational decisions.

Companies already refer customers to each other. It sounds like you are suggesting a more formal agreement, which has unstated implications. Anyway, those are just my thoughts, others here may see it very differently. Never hurts to validate ideas with small tests.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.