The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Suggestions on my current plans...

Walley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Oct 1, 2007
I currently live in an apartment paying $825 a month.

Plan A: Downsize my apartment since my lease is ending in a month and move to a cheaper apartment approx. $700 a month. That releases an extra $125 for me a month. I'm planning on saving money for a year and by the end of next year I'll have around $10k to put down on something.

Plan B: I can get a $0 down financing for a house through the VA loan. Thinking about living here for a year or two and then renting it out. In the mean time using the equity to put down on a rental property.

Any suggestions to my two plans or anything else?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Those are not plans. Those are ideas.

What is your overall goal? It's impossible for us to comment unless we know what your goal is...

Flesh this out further and then you will see more responses. If you need to, refer to Russ's thread on how to set goals.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Most "plans" are more specific. If your goals are still very open, my suggestion would be to write out a few different, specific plans based on different routes you could choose. This way, you're prepared no matter what is thrown your way.

Overall, I do like the ideas. They seem to make sense in helping you exit the Rat Race. Good luck. Keep us posted. Again, my suggestion would be to come out with something more specific like Sean said.

Walley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Oct 1, 2007
My goal is to make enough passive income to live off on. I'm leaning towards more of getting a home with some equity and I've been seeing some..then use some of that to get started on building up SF rentals.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.