The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Suggestions on my current plans...

Walley

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Oct 1, 2007
I currently live in an apartment paying $825 a month.

Plan A: Downsize my apartment since my lease is ending in a month and move to a cheaper apartment approx. $700 a month. That releases an extra $125 for me a month. I'm planning on saving money for a year and by the end of next year I'll have around $10k to put down on something.

Plan B: I can get a $0 down financing for a house through the VA loan. Thinking about living here for a year or two and then renting it out. In the mean time using the equity to put down on a rental property.

Any suggestions to my two plans or anything else?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Aug 9, 2007
Those are not plans. Those are ideas.

What is your overall goal? It's impossible for us to comment unless we know what your goal is...

Flesh this out further and then you will see more responses. If you need to, refer to Russ's thread on how to set goals.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Most "plans" are more specific. If your goals are still very open, my suggestion would be to write out a few different, specific plans based on different routes you could choose. This way, you're prepared no matter what is thrown your way.

Overall, I do like the ideas. They seem to make sense in helping you exit the Rat Race. Good luck. Keep us posted. Again, my suggestion would be to come out with something more specific like Sean said.

OP
OP
Walley

Walley

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Oct 1, 2007
My goal is to make enough passive income to live off on. I'm leaning towards more of getting a home with some equity and I've been seeing some..then use some of that to get started on building up SF rentals.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom