The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Suggestions For My Website

Udt123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Feb 24, 2009
boston ma
Hey guys,

I created a somewhat "autoblog" where it posts Deals from all three of the major deal sites (slickdeals, fatwallet, bensbargains) so that users don't have to surf through all three sites. I am 80% done before I start doing some SEO, article writing, back linking, and maybe even some PPC.

I was wondering if there were any successful internet website entrepreneurs who can give me some suggestions as to

1)What else to put on my site?
2)Some ways to get my website out virally
3)How does my site look? ugly? not ugly? it sucks?

Say whatever you need to say. If it is ugly, tell me. I can take constructive criticism.

The website is Mukdo » Deals For The Lazy (dumb name, i know, but that is all i have. Besides, google was never an english word until it became famous?)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

chandabb

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 7, 2009
Indianapolis
I by no means have any clue as to what I'm talking about but I think you should have your tagline next to the sitename on the page so people have an idea of what your site is about. Not everybody looks at the Title Bar right away...Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:

stevenmac2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 28, 2007
US
So are you mainly getting revenue from advertisement by drawing in traffic ? or get anything from having the users click on the links?

stevenmac2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 28, 2007
US

I forgot to answer your questions:

1) Maybe you can have Brand Names highlighted or the BEST OF THE BEST deals highlighted to direct peoples eyes. It all seems to run on when trying to find the right deal.
2) Virally - maybe your own YouTube advertisement and using your Facebook Group to notify of SUPER DEALS only.
3) I like the site - its not ugly - simple and easy to use really.

YoungOne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 19, 2008

1) A search bar to filter the results. People visit your site to see all the deals put together, take it one more step and offer a search bar. Those results don't mean anything to me, it shouldn't take me longer than 10 seconds to find something interesting.

2) Think outside the box advertising. Make it unique, memorable and make them want to try it out.

3) Easy to understand, simple and right to the point. A few things though, I would remove the Google Ads in the header, and move the Sponsor Column in the middle before the Free Stuff column.

cfittowin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 26, 2009
Boston
Start building a list. Have a place where users can enter in their emails on the top right portion of the site. You can then setup autoresponders once you have a decent population and update them with offers or freebies. Give them a strong incentive to enter in their email.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.