The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Suggestion with the first business that got stuck

Mr.Business

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Oct 3, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Hello everyone,

I am a college student that was and is open to the idea of starting a business. I have watched numerous tutorials on how to start and run amazon businesses, as well as including Tai Lopez social media courses. The first business idea came to me when I was browsing the local Teavana tea and coffee shop- the prices were very high for the tea that can be bought through Alibaba in bulk marked up 100% and sold at 50% cheaper than such stores sell at. That's what I have decided to do. I have researched tea sorts and suppliers in China. I created packaging and got all of the goodies delivered to my doorstep. Registration with the amazon was easy, the price is competitive so far I have gotten only 2 customers. The page Is inactive right now...

What should I do to get started what did I do wrong?

Thank you in advance

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hello everyone,

I am a college student that was and is open to the idea of starting a business. I have watched numerous tutorials on how to start and run amazon businesses, as well as including Tai Lopez social media courses. The first business idea came to me when I was browsing the local Teavana tea and coffee shop- the prices were very high for the tea that can be bought through Alibaba in bulk marked up 100% and sold at 50% cheaper than such stores sell at. That's what I have decided to do. I have researched tea sorts and suppliers in China. I created packaging and got all of the goodies delivered to my doorstep. Registration with the amazon was easy, the price is competitive so far I have gotten only 2 customers. The page Is inactive right now...

What should I do to get started what did I do wrong?

Thank you in advance

Hey mate!

Welcome to the forum.

You got bitten by the entrepreneur bug I see. Well you have already gotten started and taken action so that's good.

If I had to guess you did what everyone does and imported the same products you see on Alibaba that everyone else is importing and not doing anything different. don't follow the herd the herd is broke.

If it was easy for you to import it's easy for everyone else and it drives down margins and is a race to the bottom to win the cheapest price of the day award. You need to offer something unique to the marketplace that isn't the same as everyone else. EVERYONE imports the first shitty widget they see on Alibaba and try to double there money, as you can see it is rarely that easy and you need to be creative and not just import random shit, that's called money chasing.

My advice would be to read the books the millionaire fastlane and unscripted .

Kick your feet back and stay a while, and you'll learn some things here on this forum from experienced business people.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Seems like you need to build more trust for your brand. What makes your brand different than the other teamakers out there?

Find a way to make your brand stand out and be interesting. Or get lost in the sea of similars.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Welcome to the forum.

I have watched numerous tutorials on how to start and run amazon businesses, as well as including Tai Lopez social media courses.

When you see the guru's marketing courses on Amazon FBA, Kindle Publishing, Starting a Facebook Advertising Agency etc. ask yourself why are they giving you the inside scoop on all their knowledge. Surely if they are making so much money doing Amazon FBA etc. why would they want to publicise their tactics? Surely that just creates more competition, right?

The truth of the matter is these people have moved on. As the market gets saturated, and it becomes harder to earn a dollar, the smart get out and teach others how they USED to do it. When you see these gurus in action don't listen to what they have to say, observe what they are doing. That's the business they are in. Tai Lopez is in the business of selling online courses not products on Amazon.

I'm not saying you cant make money selling on Amazon any more. However it is much more difficult when 1000's of people are all given the same information and are all competing with each other in the same arena. Much better to create your own path than tread the one countless thousands have trod before you.

You will see life differently once you read The Millionaire Fastlane .

This is also one of the best resources on the web for fledgling entrepreneurs so take heart, the best is very much yet to come.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...