The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Successful Ecommerce CEO's Founders, can you give me insight on your day to day?

Solid Snake

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 23, 2019
USA
I want to launch a service company to help ecommerce companies efficiently make the most of their ads.

but in order for me to have better conversations, i want to know some specifics in your day to day.

last week i spent time talking with 4 ecommerce CEO's doing more than 5 million in revenue, and i was embarrassed by the generic phrases and words i was using "help increase your ROI/revenue", etc. I had to end the calls because i was too nervous to plainly ask for specific issues.

Can you tell me, when you wake up, what are you checking that day? Is there a metric that you hope DOESN'T go under or over at all times, which keeps you awake? or are you focused on strategies rather than precise metrics?

would love any insight

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
Sounds like your looking to do something in the ad tracking space.

Some sort of a SaaS that tracks conversion channels etc. Theres a few companies that do that but you wouldnt be targeting owners you'd be targeting agencies or marketing professionals who are doing the work.

I have my advertising guys track everything and I check every few days.

Revenue, ROAS, ACOS, ebitda (on my p&l), channel traffic, etc

This depends on what Im looking to review though and you need to get clear on that. If Im working on SEO I want to track my channel traffic and the pages I am working to boost. If I am working on Amazon I want to track ACOS, net margin, and spend. If I am tracking FB/IG I generally looking at click through, conversion rate, roas, and which ads we're running.

Might need to get more specific on what you're looking to do

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
We check all our stats with a month to date snapshot and our main KPIs are revenue, CPA, ROAS, CTR (to make sure the ads are optimized and maximizing their potential).

The process is simple: kill after spending $50 and no sales per adset. If we have sales, increase the daily budgets by 20%.

That's about it.

Solid Snake

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 23, 2019
USA
Sounds like your looking to do something in the ad tracking space.

Some sort of a SaaS that tracks conversion channels etc. Theres a few companies that do that but you wouldnt be targeting owners you'd be targeting agencies or marketing professionals who are doing the work.

I have my advertising guys track everything and I check every few days.

Revenue, ROAS, ACOS, ebitda (on my p&l), channel traffic, etc

This depends on what Im looking to review though and you need to get clear on that. If Im working on SEO I want to track my channel traffic and the pages I am working to boost. If I am working on Amazon I want to track ACOS, net margin, and spend. If I am tracking FB/IG I generally looking at click through, conversion rate, roas, and which ads we're running.

Might need to get more specific on what you're looking to do

We check all our stats with a month to date snapshot and our main KPIs are revenue, CPA, ROAS, CTR (to make sure the ads are optimized and maximizing their potential).

The process is simple: kill after spending $50 and no sales per adset. If we have sales, increase the daily budgets by 20%.

That's about it.

Really appreciate both of your answers. Personally, I haven't committed fully to a product or service yet, but I want to focus on reducing CAC, since I see a lot of people complaining about increasing costs.

What happens when you check the ROAS, and it's low, while producing sales?

same with CAC, if its really high, what do you guys do?

or is this delegated to an employee?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.