The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SUCCESS STORY: Ingrid Carney

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ingrid Carney turned a frantic-pregnancy-induced spur-of-the-moment idea about how to hold up her too-small pants into a $20 million business in just a few short years.

Oh Baby! Expectant Mom Turns Idea Into Thriving Business - FoxSmallBusinessCenter.com

So what exactly was Carney’s great money-making idea? A pregnant woman’s dream come true when it comes to fitting into a too-tight-around-the-midsection wardrobe. During pregnancy, a woman’s waist can expand significantly -- making room for a growing baby -- literally, overnight. When Carney couldn’t fasten her suit pants on the day of an important business meeting, she scoured the house for any sort of make-shift contraption she could use to hold up her pants. She tried rubber bands, safety pins, ace bandages, panty-hose with the legs cut off and more; but everything added too much bulk or wouldn’t stay in place properly.

You guys starting to see a pattern here in all these success stories? They are driven by NEED, not by "How can I make money?!"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
As they say "necessity is the mother of invention", the irony here being that it was a mother who found the necessity for this invention ;)

On top of that it covers a few of your "Fastlane Idea" criteria- it makes life easier, makes someone look better and feel better :)

alainn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Sep 6, 2010
free idea for anyone who reads this thread.

Like PhxMJ says, any successful business is driven by a need not by a: "How can I make money?!"...

however, "How can I make money?!" is in itself a huge need shared by many many many people and these are a starving bunch.

In other words, why not satisfy the need of "How can I make money?!". That is how you can make money.

MikeC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
free idea for anyone who reads this thread.

Like PhxMJ says, any successful business is driven by a need not by a: "How can I make money?!"...

however, "How can I make money?!" is in itself a huge need shared by many many many people and these are a starving bunch.

In other words, why not satisfy the need of "How can I make money?!". That is how you can make money.

That market is so over-saturated it's sickening.

Gotta love how she actually took action, and what do you know, it paid off! So many people have great ideas they just never act on. Action makes millionaires.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tammyanne

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 18, 2017
San Diego, CA
That market is so over-saturated it's sickening.

Gotta love how she actually took action, and what do you know, it paid off! So many people have great ideas they just never act on. Action makes millionaires.
frikin a lol u try 10 they might all fail then the 11 takes off like a charm.

Tammyanne

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 18, 2017
San Diego, CA

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.