The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

'Stupid' YO App Is Going Viral. 100 YO's Being Sent Per Second And Climbing

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Hogeg, the CEO and founder of Tel Aviv company Mobli, had requested a simple way to get in touch with his wife and his assistant via his smartphone. Email chains were burdensome. Even texting encouraged longer conversations than Hogeg had time for. He envisioned a simple app with large buttons that, when pressed, would send a one-word notification to another person: "Yo." The "Yo" would let the person know they were needed or being thought of. Arbel was a talented engineer at Mobli who could build Hogeg's simple product quickly. But when Hogeg told him about Yo, Arbel dragged his feet. It was dumb, Arbel protested. No one would use it.
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-...re-isnt-actually-1-million-in-the-bank-2014-6

"Yo" is a gloriously simple app for the iPhone and Android for sending one-word messages to friends, family and strangers. It's stupid, fun and mildly compulsive. But there's more to each "Yo" than meets the eye. Here are the 30 types of Yo, because context is everything.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-yo-app-is-going-viral--here-are-30-types-of-yos-2014-6

Yo, the one-word messaging app, has seen explosive growth in just the past two days. The Yo team announced on Twitter that in just one day, people had sent over 3.7 million Yo's to each other — about 100 Yo's a second.
http://www.businessinsider.com/37-million-yos-in-one-day-2014-6

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
There should be one more the omg yo Lmfao. Sometimes it really is the simplest things lol

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Will this go the way of Flappy Bird?

Doesn't surprise me though. The ingredients are there. Often it seems the simplest ideas are the best. Easy to use, quick, does what you want it to, and it's repeatable.

Pretty interesting.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
It seems like more people would use this if it was a keyboard add-on. But apparently they already are...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

49Percent

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 18, 2014
When I originally heard of this, it seemed like the most absolute ridiculous and unnecessary thing ever. After reading the creators original idea for the app it does actually seem to be somewhat useful and make some sense, but I really doubt the majority of users will be using it as originally intended. Interesting to see if this sticks around for long or is forgotten about in a month or so.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Because why say "I'm here, outside your house. You asked for a freakin ride, and here I am on time. Why's it taking so long?" when a "Yo" sums it all up.

When the Yo doesn't work, graduate to the car horn..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.