The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stuck between that rock and a hard place of the day job and what you want to do.

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
I am sorry. This is mostly a rant. It is hard to convey thoughts with people that truly understand, and I am sure I am not the first nor the last who has been in a similar position that would like to share.

The position: Your day job taking time away from the business you want to succeed but is also funding it.

I have already been told from my other half who is currently paying for all home expenses "It is time to close the business." Sure it is. The business that I sometimes lose sales to because I am busy in my day job that provides steady income to pay for the business expenses? I can't make my business instantly profitable without a lot of capital. And to build that capital will take possibly years. And if I close the business, it is a mountain of red tape to get the license for it again. I realize everyone has a different breaking point, and it is almost senseless to ask what has your breaking point been. I am at the point where I desperately hate the day job because it gets in the way of doing the business. I started with a budget that really was not sufficient. That coupled with unknown learning curbs can really foul things. But...when I do it again I will be much wiser.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Daryl young

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 9, 2019
who else is running the business with you? Do you have employees or is it a solo business? Do you have a skill you can sell? If so do freelancing. If not, Perhaps you should think about looking for another job (part time) that won’t suck your time.

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
who else is running the business with you? Do you have employees or is it a solo business? Do you have a skill you can sell? If so do freelancing. If not, Perhaps you should think about looking for another job (part time) that won’t suck your time.
Solo. I have 2 close family members that help run it less than part time.
Oh how I would love to get a part time job. I actually do look almost every other day for something. At least something that pays more to put less weight on my wife's shoulder's.

Daryl young

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 9, 2019
I’m assuming you just started the business? I would really sit down with your partner and list everything required to grow the business. List all unnecessary overhead, requirements etc. Then formulate a plan and see if possibly a loan might help or partnering up with someone to run it when you’re working. By all means I’m not a business advisor but personally that’s what I’d do. Hopefully that helps.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.