The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stuck at a fork in the road, what decision to make!??!

TJComer02

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 30, 2009
What's up, I'm sure you remember my discussion about all the sites I had. Turns out I'm making a deal to sell them. They're in the process of being sold, because some things turned out in a way I didn't forsee, which happens at times. Anyway, from this sale i'll have a hefty sum of money, and yes while I can live a long time with the money I make, i would like to invest in something online, doesn't matter what it is, that will make me money almost immediately. I know I know, no such thing as fast money, but when you have a good bit of money to invest, I believe that you can get something up and going in a month or two if you work hard, i've seen it happen alot. I'm not sure exactly how much I'll have to spend on something, BUT, i'd like some suggestions. What do you guys see right now that I could invest money in that would be a good ROI. Any advice is welcome, even if you think it's obvious advice, please tell. I'm happy with the money I make, but I want to elevate my game to the millionaire level. I've been there a couple times but never have managed to push past the threshold, but now I think i've learned from my mistakes, but this is the ONLY time i've been stuck without a plan, the only good thing is, i have plenty of $ to last me awhile.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Can you provide a ballpark guess of the money you'll have?

I'm talking $0-5k, $5k-10k, $10k-25k, $25k-50k, $50k-100k, $100k-$250k, over $250k.

At one end, you are limited to start-up stuff. At the other, your opportunities are much greater.

TJComer02

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 30, 2009
Well, I can invest more, but to live comfortably and pay off any debt, I need to invest no more than 30-50K.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
TJ, please read the advice in this thread: http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/general-business-discussion/25368-100-000-1m-approx-1-year.html

To find a good investment don't ask 'what' or 'how', but ask 'why'.
Ask why other people would want to give their money to you, and you will definitely come up with ideas for one or more highly profitable businesses or other investment ideas.

Less than two weeks ago I hoped to get turnkey ideas on high ROI opportunities here on the forum. Rightfully, I was sent away to do my own home work. Since then, I did a lot of thinking and read the books: 'What rich people know and desperately want to keep a secret' and Awaken the giant within'.
Over the past week I have come up with two potentially interesting ideas for a high growth business. Now it's time to play around with the ideas before deciding to make concrete plans for implementation. I will give myself one month to scrutinize the ideas.

Good luck with your search.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
The amount you want to invest is critical. What about a rainy day fund? How much can you invest beyond your rainy day fund? BTW, I consider at least 1 years worth of living expenses to be a rainy day fund. Until you have that, you shouldn't be playing with your money. Beyond your rainy day fund, then you invest.

What's your risk profile? What interests you? And has Henk said, what is your 'why?'. Are you looking for passive investments? Start a new biz? Roulette?

TJComer02

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 30, 2009
Honestly, my rainy day fund is around a year, so I should be good. I am still making money right now, i've just had some offers to buy some super expensive domain names so we'll see how that turns out. Anyway, basically what I need is simply a direction. I'm not the kind of person who looks to do something i love, because in all honesty what I love to do is conquering something that i'm not supposed to be good at. I think taking on a challenge is built into me, so i'm looking at something that's going to give me a very good ROI, and that's pretty much it. I love the game (making money), and honestly it's not about being filthy rich or anything like that, it's for security, even though I do better than most, I'm not there yet, and I honestly suspect I will never be given my mindset about achieving things. It's like I always find something else to try and conquer. I don't know what i'm going to do when i reach my next goal. Hopefully I can relax, but that's just not my style. I don't care if i get in something way over my head, because to be truthful, it's what i've done best my entire life. I have had to come up with ways to make money fast since i was in grade school, so it's really just a game to me now. What i say that for is that so maybe you can get an idea of my personality and recommend somnething that you would do, by YOU i mean guys on here that make more than me and that are wiser than me. I won't tell you how much I make or anything like that, so please give me some general ideas. For example, i'm not looking for someone to do my homework for me, i just want a suggestion that i can look into and then learn everything there is to know about it. Thanks guys,

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
What's up, I'm sure you remember my discussion about all the sites I had. Turns out I'm making a deal to sell them. They're in the process of being sold, because some things turned out in a way I didn't forsee, which happens at times. Anyway, from this sale i'll have a hefty sum of money, and yes while I can live a long time with the money I make, i would like to invest in something online, doesn't matter what it is, that will make me money almost immediately. I know I know, no such thing as fast money, but when you have a good bit of money to invest, I believe that you can get something up and going in a month or two if you work hard, i've seen it happen alot. I'm not sure exactly how much I'll have to spend on something, BUT, i'd like some suggestions. What do you guys see right now that I could invest money in that would be a good ROI. Any advice is welcome, even if you think it's obvious advice, please tell. I'm happy with the money I make, but I want to elevate my game to the millionaire level. I've been there a couple times but never have managed to push past the threshold, but now I think i've learned from my mistakes, but this is the ONLY time i've been stuck without a plan, the only good thing is, i have plenty of $ to last me awhile.

So, the other I went to the club with you. You don't remember? Well I do. There was this fine girl across the room. remember her? Money. you wanted to get her. So you figured out that you were going to get on the dance floor, dance and impress her, go to her, talk to her and make her laugh. Then you looked at me, and you asked me, "How can I get that girl?" So, I thought to myself, "That girl is sure is fine, I could go dance my a$$ out, go make her laugh and get the girl." Well guess what, I want that girl too. So, while you are busy waiting for someone to tell you how to go get her, I'm going to go get her my damn self.

You already know what to do. Stop waiting for someone to give you a new idea. Figure it out, you already did it before. Don't let yourself get overwhelmed with the amount of money you are going to get. Don't chase more money, go create more value. If the amount of money you are getting is so much that you just want to take low risk with passive income, then hit the ones who are doing it such as MJ, Londonlife up, they are retired and have passive investments. Not as fast as a business, but stable, sustaining their lifestyle and adding to their wealth. (real estate, stocks/bonds, etc) that is the way.

If you want to start another business, then forget about that ROI, the ROI is from 0 to infinity, and you are aiming for infinity. To get that, value is the key. No one can tell you what a good ROI internet oriented business is, because it can be anything. You have to start it, make it work, create value, manage the risks involved. You can do what is already being done with a different twist or come up with a whole new idea.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.