G
GuestUser143
Guest
Hello y'all 😀
I've been pondering with a real important question to me. But first a little background so that the question makes sense.
My goal is to create a company which would leverage my n°1 strength: invention by allowing me to focus most of time on inventing. This is where my value resides.
So what I need to do to achieve this goal is to create a team structure around me that would complement me in the execution area (something I'm terrible at, executing and getting into the details isn't my thing at all).
The way I envision it is to create a structure similar to the one Richard Branson created around himself (he's very similar to me, his value is inventing things), meaning creating a holding company that would then create daughter companies which will implement and execute my ideas (with the holding company still retaining most of the shares).
Now onto the question itself: I got 2 ways to create such a structure... Top-Down, or Bottom-Up.
Which way to go would you think is the most viable? I'm more tempted by the top-down approach.
I've been pondering with a real important question to me. But first a little background so that the question makes sense.
My goal is to create a company which would leverage my n°1 strength: invention by allowing me to focus most of time on inventing. This is where my value resides.
So what I need to do to achieve this goal is to create a team structure around me that would complement me in the execution area (something I'm terrible at, executing and getting into the details isn't my thing at all).
The way I envision it is to create a structure similar to the one Richard Branson created around himself (he's very similar to me, his value is inventing things), meaning creating a holding company that would then create daughter companies which will implement and execute my ideas (with the holding company still retaining most of the shares).
Now onto the question itself: I got 2 ways to create such a structure... Top-Down, or Bottom-Up.
- Top-Down: I first create the holding company (not as an entity yet, but as an organization of people, a team) and gather an execution team around me so that we can start our first daughter company and "headhunt" the right people to manage this project.
- Bottom-Up: I first execute a daughter company, then after validating the daughter company and starting to get revenues from it, I set up the holding company as an umbrella to it (this is the way I *think* Richard Branson did it)
Which way to go would you think is the most viable? I'm more tempted by the top-down approach.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
