The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

stop or continue?

Beaubeau

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Jan 18, 2017
Belgium
Hello fellow members

6 months ago, i started a small company called GLOWUP.BE in Belgium
I bought LED lights from china and tried to sell them on the belgian market place.
I made a webshop and made some ads true (some kind of craigslist) and facebook.

After a few months of no sound and only a few sells, i actually gave up a littly bid.
FYI, this all happend before, i read the book. In the mean time, i learned already a lot.

Now I read the book, i have some new ideas of how i can promote the products but i also realised that the products are not fantastic. I created als some new ideas
for a totally new business. But now, i would do it alone(glowup.be was with a partner)

Please if you have the time. Have a look at the site www.glowup.be and let me know, if i need to continue to put energy and time in this or not or start again with a new road.

We still have some products left from the previous order, so i would like to lose them before i shut it down.

i would appriciate your comment
Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Your website sells a cool product, yet your website doesn't look cool. I mean, it's not even responsive and it's just black and white.

Apart from that, I'm only aware of this product since a few months and I'm considering a purchase. Keep in mind most people don't know the existence and that might take a few more years.
In the meantime, what do you have to lose if you keep this shop? You don't have to pay staff or warehouse, do you? Get a better website, and sell out. (Why not start selling on Bol?)

Edit: Using the name of the Chinese brand you buy from, makes it very easy to find them on Aliexpress. For 1/3 of your price in fact. Which makes me assume that you are dropshipping this. Come on, we're not 2009 anymore.

Last edited:

Beaubeau

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Jan 18, 2017
Belgium
They already have it on Bol, apperently they use only one seller a product

Last edited:

Beaubeau

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Jan 18, 2017
Belgium
Thanks anyway for the commant.
Every feedback is welcome. If you would have some extra tips for me to continue, that would help me te improve this situation ... ☺

Beaubeau

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Jan 18, 2017
Belgium
Using a different brand name will cost extra money.
I am not using dropshipping. I made bulk orders to lowerthe price.
I know i am a real rooky, but i am motivated and open to work on the progress and THE VEHICLE

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Using a different brand name will cost extra money.
I am not using dropshipping. I made bulk orders to lowerthe price.
I know i am a real rooky, but i am motivated and open to work on the progress and THE VEHICLE

It's a good start. Now go for better.
If I were you, I would get this site on point:
  • Mention "delivery in 24h" or something, that would prove you are really selling these and not dropshipping.
  • Try to get your own brand. Sure it costs more money, but I would never have found this product if you used your brand. You can still brand these products btw.
  • Make your site responsive. Maybe you can get Wordpress and use Woocommerce or something.
  • Why should people buy this kind of lamps? I miss a big why in your website.
Good luck.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Hello fellow members

6 months ago, i started a small company called GLOWUP.BE in Belgium
I bought LED lights from china and tried to sell them on the belgian market place.
I made a webshop and made some ads true (some kind of craigslist) and facebook.

After a few months of no sound and only a few sells, i actually gave up a littly bid.
FYI, this all happend before, i read the book. In the mean time, i learned already a lot.

Now I read the book, i have some new ideas of how i can promote the products but i also realised that the products are not fantastic. I created als some new ideas
for a totally new business. But now, i would do it alone(glowup.be was with a partner)

Please if you have the time. Have a look at the site www.glowup.be and let me know, if i need to continue to put energy and time in this or not or start again with a new road.

We still have some products left from the previous order, so i would like to lose them before i shut it down.

i would appriciate your comment
Thanks

You can't make big money selling LED's unless you sell to residential consumers in mass volume, or use the strategy that I prefer: sell to commercial building owners. Contracts for building-wide retrofits range from the low six figures and span well into the millions, depending on the size of the property.

The LED industry is a global market. Don't limit your thinking to the Belgian market alone. Focus on highly industrialized areas of the world with a culture that's behind the times (i.e. the state of Ohio in the United States). LED has very low market penetration in markets like this. Get a call list and attack.

Also, don't make the mistake of trying to control every aspect of the process. This is seriously the most common and most boneheaded mistake that newbs make. What makes you think that you can source material better than the veterans in the game? It's a profoundly moronic move to make, and it strikes me as tacitly arrogant.

In reality, this is good news for you, because it means that you can save your money by simply partnering with the right LED supplier(s). They manufacture. They have the DLC-approval. They have the warranties. They hold the inventory.

The whole point of this is to eventually be able to walk away from the business, remember? Don't start off on the wrong foot by making all sorts of unnecessary attachments.

Beaubeau

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Jan 18, 2017
Belgium
Waw, this is a mindbreaker for me. I really never saw this so big! This really inspired me... I would love to go into detail with this Ubermensch.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
This really inspired me... I would love to go into detail with this Ubermensch.

giphy.gif

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.