The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stop being so obstinate

Anything related to matters of the mind

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
So you read the book, or are reading the book, or need to read the book.

News flash, the book is not the bible. I viewed it as an outline, a guide to how the successful think and function. And, I'm glad beyound words that @MJ DeMarco wrote it.

News flash 2, MJ is not the 2nd coming. He's just a guy that found success and chose to share some of his path with others. I met him, trust me, he's just a guy.

What's my point? Lighten up.

Not everything is going to be "fast-Lane" today.
People are going to have to do slow-lane crap sometimes.
People are going to make mistakes that others have already done or seen.

Why my point? When a thread goes sideways, STOP! Think about what's happening. Put the shovel that you're digging with down.

Carry on.

jon

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
some people here actually predate the book... :)

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Great point.
But, what is the point?

Is that like saying because us older guy's have been around longer we get a special pass?
It doesn't work that way. I have many influential friends in this community, but if I had acted stupidly from the onset they never would have become friends.

HappyFighter

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 29, 2013
Philippines
Yeah. What MJ wrote is one way of viewing the world (a realistic one). The reason I'm here at the forum even though I haven't transitioned to the fastlane lifestyle yet is to keep the dream alive. In other words, to keep reminding myself that there is this alternate way of life — a better one.

It's only natural for some initiates of a new belief system to become resentful of the ways of the old. They will hate their old masters, but along the way they need someone they can look-up to, in what you're saying that someone is MJ.

I think it's ok as long as they don't build a 100 feet monument of MJ and worship it. LOL :)
(P.S. Mods you can delete the above sentence if it violates the forum rules regarding religion.)

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Yeah. What MJ wrote is one way of viewing the world (a realistic one). The reason I'm here at the forum even though I haven't transitioned to the fastlane lifestyle yet is to keep the dream alive. In other words, to keep reminding myself that there is this alternate way of life — a better one.

It's only natural for some initiates of a new belief system to become resentful of the ways of the old. They will hate their old masters, but along the way they need someone they can look-up to, in what you're saying that someone is MJ.

I think it's ok as long as they don't build a 100 foot monument of MJ and worship it. LOL :)
(P.S. Mods you can delete the above sentence if it violates the forum rules regarding religion.)
Exactly.

Prior to reading the book, I just knew that there had to be secrets that the successful knew and taught their offspring that was invisible in my world.
TMF changed my life. But, there is still so far to go.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

Some people here actually predate the forum. They still would get their butt kicked by the forum if they act out of line.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
yes I do...
Some people here actually predate the forum. They still would get their butt kicked by the forum if they act out of line.

I am from rdpd... I didn't know I was being out of line... things got out of hand but several of my posts that caused the drama were liked after the fact so idk. I backed off and apologized several times but some people are like a dog with a bone... LOL

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I do but only because of what happened yesterday LOL :)

edit to add ...

actually that's a lie... I am a very stubborn obstinate person by nature...

in the past I would have continued on fighting in the thread.

last night I apologized and moved on (until the temping title of this thread haha)

that's growth.

being here right now and sucking down my pride to continue on my dream is worth it.

that's massive growth for me :)

of course theres always room for improvement as evidenced by my responding to this thread :p

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I do but only because of what happened yesterday LOL :)

edit to add ...

actually that's a lie... I am a very stubborn obstinate person by nature...

in the past I would have continued on fighting in the thread.

last night I apologized and moved on (until the temping title of this thread haha)

that's growth.

being here right now and sucking down my pride to continue on my dream is worth it.

that's massive growth for me :)

of course theres always room for improvement as evidenced by my responding to this thread :p
Whether or not this thread was directed at you isn't relevant. If it touched something in you good.
I hope it touches a few more folks.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

MJ just knows how to put it in words. This is what we were all already thinking, he was the first to put it in a video.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
sidewalkian :) I like that word :p

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.