The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Still looking for a business idea? Let's workout your creativity muscle.

Idea threads

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
If you want to gain any traction with your business, you're product should be better and unique from the competition.

Exercise: How can you make this product DIFFERENT? Better and Unique.

upload_2015-12-26_15-20-35.png

Perhaps a wider range of vision:

upload_2015-12-26_15-20-53.png
Or you make it rechargeable so you don't have to replace batteries.
(or tactical - catering to a smaller niche within a market - such as police officers)
upload_2015-12-26_15-21-38.png

How would you make this product better and unique?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
I would make it varies sizes, have a tactical option (big and small) and travel size. Along with that, have the flashlite come with different color led modes. Instead of luminescent bulb, I would make it all led so you get better fov and brightness in low light situations.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I would make it varies sizes, have a tactical option (big and small) and travel size. Along with that, have the flashlite come with different color led modes. Instead of luminescent bulb, I would make it all led so you get better fov and brightness in low light situations.
I would make it a flashlight/Swiss army knife combo. Maybe with the extra battery space you can put an emergency blanket inside of it.
My next question would be why?

Are these your ideas? Or did the answers come from a market looking for it? If no, how could you validate that the market wants this? Where can you get in front of an audience to sell these products?

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas

Are these your ideas? Or did the answers come from a market looking for it? If no, how could you validate that the market wants this? Where can you get in front of an audience to sell these products?
The different led modes didn't come from me, so their is no way to really validate it unless I research and see if the people would buy something like that.

The full led lights did come from me. There is a reason why a lot of cites are switching pole lights to leds nowadays. It lasts longer and burns less energy. The samething applys to flashlights.

I could make a wedpage advertising my idea and see if it gets enough clicks?

Andrew87

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 28, 2015
What about longer lasting batteries for these flashlights already produced? Or a battery meter on the side of a flashlight so you know if you should charge it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
The reason why people use this product is to light the dark, no matter their reason, in the end that's what this product's job is. So instead of having one little amount of space that the product's light beam covers, create a product that lightens up pretty much everything in its surrounding.

Therefore it would need a round, circle light source, covering almost 360 degrees with a bright (xenon like) light. All this while keeping it the size of a usual flashlight. Basically a light ball with a good way to grasp it, like making the ball hollow and put something to grasp in it.

Last edited:

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
The reason why people use this product is to light the dark, no matter their reason, in the end that's what this product's job is. So instead of having one little amount of space that the product's light beam covers, create a product that lightens up pretty much everything in its surrounding.

Therefore it would need a round, circle light source, covering almost 360 degrees with a bright (xenon like) light. All this while keeping it the size of a usual flashlight. Basically a light ball with a good way to grasp it, like making the ball hollow and put something to grasp in it.
Wouldn't that hinder the utility of the flashlight? A flashlight is meant to point at objects from a far away distance, if it's an orb it would be hard to point at a fox hiding in the bushes. Or find a remote under a couch.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Some more ideas:
Make it water resistant.
Make it float.
Put a glow-in-the-dark band on it in case you lose it in the dark.
Attach an air horn to it. lol

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

These are my ideas. I would go to sports and outdoors shops across the country...
Look at websites, and I have some experience hunting to know that a good flashlight is necessary when you're in the middle of nowhere and it's really dark when you leave the stand at around 6-7pm.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I could make a wedpage advertising my idea and see if it gets enough clicks?
There's no one right answer :)

I'm visiting my family for the holidays, and when I go hiking through their back woods (lots of land back there), I throw on my old duty belt from my law enforcement days. The flashlight holder I have makes it hard to get out.

The first thing I would do is talk to all my friends who are still cops and see what problems they have...if there is a holder that makes it easy to get out, and go from there.

By identifying exactly who my target audience is first, I not only have an idea to make something better, but I have better clues for how to get the unique product in the hands of people who need them the most.

That's just one way for me to do it.

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Make it installable on top of a drone. Screw searching for stuff at night by yourself. Use a drone while you sit back on your search mission.
You could also use this idea to make some kind online simulation to not be scared of the dark or something, "No Fear Simulation". All you would need is a drone and the flashlight on the drone.

G

Guest34764

Combine the Flash Light with a smart charger (Look It up).

Have the flashlight include various bulbs that produce various light waves.

One bulb could be UV, another one could be a standard bulb, another one could be a Blacklight bulb.

A flashlight on steroids.

Introducing the Swisslight.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
How would you make this product better and unique?
I'd make one end Flashlight, the other end Fleshlight...
66893.jpg

So you have a light source and a latex vagina in one device...perfect for lonely highway patrols ;)

G

Guest3722A

Alright... If we're talking law enforcement, the first thing that comes to mind is that a flashlight many times is used to blind an assailant. And to further a leo's ability to get someone under control using the device, I would add a second 'special' bulb to it. One that is specifically engineered to more effectively debilitate like a stunray or dazzler. Something along those lines.

And hogue grips on the grip side in the event that the flashlight is hastily accessed from that end. Lethal encounters can happen in a split second and if the flashlight is it, I'd think you'd want to make damn sure it stays in your hand and that sweat, water, mud or anything at the time that threatens losing the current means you have to fight back/defend won't have as much of an impact. Keep the brainpower on the fight.

Anything that furthers an officer's safety without adding more things to carry I would speculate as being desirable by some agencies.

ps - you anticipated your first shot in your video! you know you're supposed to pull through your trigger pull without anticipation. go look at your eyes. It totally changed the direction of your original aim. With a handgun, I'm sure you know that ain't good enuff! I know it's loud as F*ck, but you can't anticipate!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Hackdroot

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 11, 2014
Put a small flat base on the end of it so that it can stand on the battery cap end upright AND the ability to extend the bulb so far out past the traditional lens cap limit that it will illuminate the entire room.

Example: use it as a traditional flashlight by walking into a darkened room, then have the ability to set it upright on the floor/table/whatever and twist the body, exposing the full radius of light emitted by the bulb, to light the entire room.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.