The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sticking to your dreams & ideas VS Sticking to PIPE dreams & ideas

Idea threads

Leinad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 18, 2023
So I recently met with my accountability partner to discuss some ideas I had for solving some problems.

The ideas were fairly ambitious let's say (expensive to start and require cutting edge development for years), and they were basically all out my domain of expertise. I also hadn't researched into how they might be solved, just potential market sentiment and that it would be nice for them to be solved. I have no doubt in my ability to grow, learn enough to have a chance at getting the job done, but tbf, I may also not have a lot of time left here and this would also be my first business. He pointed out various flaws in most of them which I didn't think of. For some ideas he even questioned the viability, but he was also as honest as he could be and let me know that I shouldn't give them up, just to spend more time doing research into them.

So my question is, how do you guys know if an idea is too big or unreasonable to pursue, in particular as a first business. Is it money it takes to start? The time and resources it would take? Your culture? Do you not let those things stop you at all initially and imagination'? Maybe you take the problem bit by bit over a long time. Any suggestions are welcome.

Have a good day

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.