The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stay in low-ish paying temp job or get higher paying sales job - beginning the fast lane plan

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
Hi from Seattle! Is it possible to work the fast lane plan in a sort of high stress, high demand sales job? I'm at the beginning of starting the fast lane plan MJ DeMarco outlines and I have so much time on my hands which seems like a great situation to work on a side business but I'm always stressed about money because I'm not making much, my job assignment can end at any time and I'm basically a glorified secretary that gets bossed around at an office. I'm willing to do what it takes but I've worked in sales before and loved it but I was working for a start up that tanked and I'm wanting the money of a sales job but I want the future of the fast lane plan, not a sales career. Thoughts? Am I missing something? Sorry for that being so wordy. Thanks in advance! Mackenzie

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hi from Seattle! Is it possible to work the fast lane plan in a sort of high stress, high demand sales job? I'm at the beginning of starting the fast lane plan MJ DeMarco outlines and I have so much time on my hands which seems like a great situation to work on a side business but I'm always stressed about money because I'm not making much, my job assignment can end at any time and I'm basically a glorified secretary that gets bossed around at an office. I'm willing to do what it takes but I've worked in sales before and loved it but I was working for a start up that tanked and I'm wanting the money of a sales job but I want the future of the fast lane plan, not a sales career. Thoughts? Am I missing something? Sorry for that being so wordy. Thanks in advance! Mackenzie
It is a good transition as sales forces you to develop business sense and skill, while could possibly make you more money that could be helpful for future business.

Business and industries that do well generally pay sales people well.

AntonK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 29, 2021
I can relate! I feel in a similar situation, I wouldn’t say that I am not well paid, but I am the only one responsible for the income in the family yet. That makes me uncomfortable cause we have a litle buffer. I hear about other companies, that pay sometimes twice as much for the same position. On the other hand, switching the rat race would probably take up a lot of time and energy, that I need for my business... So I try to judge the next move from the energy perspective: would this new position take or give me more energy? Sometimes I feel so drained by my daily tasks in the current job, that I have no power left for the business even though there would be free time to invest.

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
I can relate! I feel in a similar situation, I wouldn’t say that I am not well paid, but I am the only one responsible for the income in the family yet. That makes me uncomfortable cause we have a litle buffer. I hear about other companies, that pay sometimes twice as much for the same position. On the other hand, switching the rat race would probably take up a lot of time and energy, that I need for my business... So I try to judge the next move from the energy perspective: would this new position take or give me more energy? Sometimes I feel so drained by my daily tasks in the current job, that I have no power left for the business even though there would be free time to invest.
Yes, that’s exactly it - I have time now but no energy to work on my business! So maybe I need to move to a higher paying job first so I can stress less about my basic bills and have more energy to work on starting a business. Thanks so much and good luck to you too!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...