Hi
I've almost done reading the book and it was from there that brought me to this forum. It has been a great read so far. Inspiring and saddening at the same time that so many of us are led to belief that the slowlane is how one accumulates wealth. I don't want to be enjoying my riches when I'm 70.
I'm 38 and employed in a somewhat well paying job. I started a few online businesses before but none really succeeded. I lost my motivation and started to believe that the slowlane is the way to go.
Marco's book jolted me back to TMF reality. I wasted my 20s doing jack shit and job hopping. Things got better in my 30s but not without getting screwed over more than once in the corporate world. I am very sick and tired of being a corporate salve. Truth be told I aint too sure how long i'm gonna last in this job with management still doing ad hoc retrenchments.
Living in Asia, I'm still staying with my parents which is pretty common for most of us. We usually move out only after we get married which i don't plan to anytime soon. I decided to get a small place of my own to regain my independence.
As i embark on this path, I have this nagging voice in my head that is telling me I'm too old to succeed as an entrepreneur and it won't amount to anything.
I do want this gig to be the last corporate job i ever hold.
I've almost done reading the book and it was from there that brought me to this forum. It has been a great read so far. Inspiring and saddening at the same time that so many of us are led to belief that the slowlane is how one accumulates wealth. I don't want to be enjoying my riches when I'm 70.
I'm 38 and employed in a somewhat well paying job. I started a few online businesses before but none really succeeded. I lost my motivation and started to believe that the slowlane is the way to go.
Marco's book jolted me back to TMF reality. I wasted my 20s doing jack shit and job hopping. Things got better in my 30s but not without getting screwed over more than once in the corporate world. I am very sick and tired of being a corporate salve. Truth be told I aint too sure how long i'm gonna last in this job with management still doing ad hoc retrenchments.
Living in Asia, I'm still staying with my parents which is pretty common for most of us. We usually move out only after we get married which i don't plan to anytime soon. I decided to get a small place of my own to regain my independence.
As i embark on this path, I have this nagging voice in my head that is telling me I'm too old to succeed as an entrepreneur and it won't amount to anything.
I do want this gig to be the last corporate job i ever hold.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
