The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting a White Hat Link Building Service

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

James Price

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 2, 2017
England
Hello Fastlaners!

I've recently had (and continue to have) the luck, and pleasure, of learning super wizardry levels of QUALITY Link Building from a legend in the game.

No bots or gimmicks used, these will be high quality links that are sourced using manual outreach - involving email and the dreaded telephone!

My goal and plan is to start with 3-5 free trial clients that I'll look to build 5-10 SUPER HQ links for.

In exchange for the juicy traffic boost, SE ranking uplift and ultimately increased revenue that my stellar links will bring these test pilots... I'm hoping that they will provide me with a testimonial (preferably video) and a few case studies I can use to secure paying clients, build a team and take over the world.

Wow... that escalated quickly

But on a serious note - this is my plan and I hope someone can learn from my progress / mistakes / wins

I have a really *insert profanity* strong WHY and that's why I'm gonna achieve my goals or die tryin'. Maybe one day I will share my WHY - but the emotion of it is still quite raw

SO... please follow along, enjoy and hope I can help and be helped by this wonderful community

My first step & goal is finding these free testimonial clients

My first plan is tap into my current network so that's what I'm off to do!

As a side note to the INSIDERS - Would it be more beneficial to have my Thread here.. or in the INSIDERS forum?

Also if anyone here would like to be one of my testimonial clients please feel free to get in touch and I'll see if we fit!

All the best

James

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

QuikCoin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
375%
Feb 14, 2015
Hey, James I am always interested in building my site higher (local service). I actually had a forum member (Seb from SEO101) work on my site before and delivered great results .

James Price

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 2, 2017
England
How are you different?

Good question!

I aim to be different in just that I won't be another link builder using the same tired old methods and shady tools that Google will untimely penalise.

It's just (hopefully) going to be a really really High Quality service that uses a few outside the box and creative methods of outreach.

I'll also be guaranteeing a number of HQ links per month

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah

James Price

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 2, 2017
England
Good luck with this.

I'm actually a potential buyer.

Sell me.

Don't do it! That's out of your control doing things white hat.

Like @Yoda, I may be interested.

I'm 100% doing it now you both think it's a crazy deal!

As for selling to you, it's my honest opinion that if you know anything about the power of PROPER WHITE HAT link building you wouldn't hesitate to have a few quality free ones (in exchange for a super testimonial).

For my trial I'm going to be getting links via Guest Posts & Resource Links.

For Paid Clients after I'm ready to go live I have around 18 other types of link building methods - of which I will probably use the 5-6 most effective ones for the particular client

Good luck man

Cheers! I'm super excited

Pat456

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 4, 2019
Hi James, I'm interested and can give you a killer video testimonial (provided the results are there). I have a few sites. What pricing do you hope to charge once you have established yourself a bit?

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
Congratulations, looks like you've got a solid plan :)

The one thing I would say, and this is to add to @Yoda's contribution, is to really consider your USP.

Your rebuttal to @Yoda was very vague:
I aim to be different in just that I won't be another link builder using the same tired old methods and shady tools that Google will untimely penalize.
What tired old methods? What's your new method?

What would have been better to say here is something along the lines of...

"My mentor showed me the 'secret' (of sorts) to legit long term SEO being that of networking.

Just like how all the top lawyers know all the players in their sector, all the best architects are very close to local planning regulators, leading PR companies have connections inside all the news outlets, I've been building a robust network of top blog owners, PR companies, social media personalities and long-tail blog links for over 5 years.

Building these relationships (over the past half decade) has given me access to an increasingly powerful, influential and viral 'link infrastructure' network (specifically in the technology sector), whereby through our contributor & content management roles at various high-powered publications, we're able to not only publish highly targeted content that reaches potentially millions of visitors, but also work on using that content to do the ONE thing that determines long-term SEO dominance -- NATURAL inbound link generation from other websites.

Just like how the value of networking isn't the people in the room... it's the people they know, link building is exactly the same. My specialty lies in the curation & distribution of highly engaging content that moves people to share it both socially and through websites. This naturally increases link rates (from a plethora of other sites), boosting the overall SEO performance of any web property we work with.

My primary area of expertise is technology -- I have access to over 150 premier technology outlets which I either pay (through unique deals) or have lasting contributor status with. All of my SEO packages / services focus on creating content-centric campaigns which aim to use these sites to generate natural links to your site, which - in some cases - has lead to over 10,000 high quality backlinks over time."

-

Bit long-winded but you should hopefully get the point -- one of the best things you can do is understand where your "real" value lies, and focus your service around that. What's the one area you could genuinely consider yourself the world leader? Something specific.

Something I've been meaning to post for some time might give you further ideas -

jeremyong

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 2, 2019
Singapore
Hey James, thanks for this. I'm Jeremy and I run a few eCommerce websites that bring in about $60,000 a month. It's not a lot, but I live in Malaysia and $60,000 is a shit ton of money. To put things into perspective, the median household income in Malaysia is $1,258.

[link removed]

James Price

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 2, 2017
England
@rpeck90 Thank you!

Hopefully like in the article there my service will sell itself.

I'm just focused on delivering for 3-5 testimonials currently - so once that is complete I'll take your advice for when I'm looking at sales.

Hi James, I'm interested and can give you a killer video testimonial (provided the results are there). I have a few sites. What pricing do you hope to charge once you have established yourself a bit?

Looking at around £2000 per month. And then work around that number if a client wants more.

That would be 200 targets and a guarantee min of 10 links.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Are you starting from scratch with this?

@rpeck90 brought up some great points, however, I know with starting with testimonial clients you can build up your network and those contacts that are able and willing to give backlinks.

Is that the case? Are you planning on niching down to a few industries after your "trial" period is over?

I'm not knocking it at all, just curious.

James Price

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 2, 2017
England
Are you starting from scratch with this?

@rpeck90 brought up some great points, however, I know with starting with testimonial clients you can build up your network and those contacts that are able and willing to give backlinks.

Is that the case? Are you planning on niching down to a few industries after your "trial" period is over?

I'm not knocking it at all, just curious.

Yeah that's exactly the idea. Will be building case studies from the testimonials in order to aid sales when I'm ready.

As for niche - I'll either move in the direction of my nearest city and become THE MAN there... Or not bother at all and be open to anything.

Whilst I know the benefit of niching down my service, I don't want to be bored senseless doing the same again and again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.