D
Deleted17784
Guest
Just wanted to start a discussion about doing business in China. I've dealt with Alibaba and a few other sourcing sites in the past and now I am planning a trip to China. The Canton fair is next month but I believe the Yiwu fair is year round.
I have an idea of the products I'm looking for but I was also considering being a sales contact on the ground. Just getting prices on products that catch my eye and posting them online... If I get buyers I will go purchase the products and ship them out. Basically acting as a buyers agent on the ground. I'm thinking that someone in the States might be more comfortable having a fellow American on the other end seeing that the right products are loaded and shipped properly. Yes trade companies mark up products but the buyers wouldn't have the language barrier and uncertainty that often comes with doing business with foreign manufacturers.
Is it OK to stay out there for a few months and ship goods around the world. Would I need a license for this?
I know this is kind of a vague idea but I want to do something that would at least pay for my trip and possibly lead to more opportunities. I love networking and learning so China should be a great adventure. I'd also like it to be a profitable one.
I have an idea of the products I'm looking for but I was also considering being a sales contact on the ground. Just getting prices on products that catch my eye and posting them online... If I get buyers I will go purchase the products and ship them out. Basically acting as a buyers agent on the ground. I'm thinking that someone in the States might be more comfortable having a fellow American on the other end seeing that the right products are loaded and shipped properly. Yes trade companies mark up products but the buyers wouldn't have the language barrier and uncertainty that often comes with doing business with foreign manufacturers.
Is it OK to stay out there for a few months and ship goods around the world. Would I need a license for this?
I know this is kind of a vague idea but I want to do something that would at least pay for my trip and possibly lead to more opportunities. I love networking and learning so China should be a great adventure. I'd also like it to be a profitable one.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
