Hey folks, got tons of questions for you guys.
While traveling in Spain, in an alleyway in Cordoba, my friends and I stumbled upon a small restaurant with a concept that we think would be perfect to bring to America. (Literally, when one friend told his sister about the lunch we had, she said "They should have that here in America!")
But not to get hyped up, here's the question. I decided to go do some research on how these sorts of things usually start, because I don't know the first thing about the restaurant business, but I do know that whatever it is I'm gonna do, it's gotta be Fastlane. So would the Fastlane thing to do here be starting a franchise?
Even if so, in order to sell franchises, don't you need to have one successful operating location first? Where can I learn about building a restaurant from scratch and making it profitable as fast as possible? What factors do I need to consider?
Let's go even farther with questions. How can I speed up the process from initial restaurant -> franchising and/or acquisition? In most of the Wikipedia articles I checked out on places like the one I have in mind, this process takes 15-20 years, 10 at the very least.
Keep in mind that I, along with all of the friends I could recruit to work with me, are in high school, and we all have crazy busy schedules. What do I need to research next?
If any of you need more information about my idea, send me a PM, I just don't want to give it away on here. Also, if anybody has contacts in the restaurant industry (or if you are one yourself) who wouldn't mind giving a few minutes of their time to a lowly high school kid (
) , please let me know. I'll take them out to lunch or something.
Heck, any tips on brick and mortar businesses at all would help. The only thing I know anything about is online business. (
), so this is quite the leap for me.
Thanks for any help you guys can provide!
While traveling in Spain, in an alleyway in Cordoba, my friends and I stumbled upon a small restaurant with a concept that we think would be perfect to bring to America. (Literally, when one friend told his sister about the lunch we had, she said "They should have that here in America!")
But not to get hyped up, here's the question. I decided to go do some research on how these sorts of things usually start, because I don't know the first thing about the restaurant business, but I do know that whatever it is I'm gonna do, it's gotta be Fastlane. So would the Fastlane thing to do here be starting a franchise?
Even if so, in order to sell franchises, don't you need to have one successful operating location first? Where can I learn about building a restaurant from scratch and making it profitable as fast as possible? What factors do I need to consider?
Let's go even farther with questions. How can I speed up the process from initial restaurant -> franchising and/or acquisition? In most of the Wikipedia articles I checked out on places like the one I have in mind, this process takes 15-20 years, 10 at the very least.
Keep in mind that I, along with all of the friends I could recruit to work with me, are in high school, and we all have crazy busy schedules. What do I need to research next?
If any of you need more information about my idea, send me a PM, I just don't want to give it away on here. Also, if anybody has contacts in the restaurant industry (or if you are one yourself) who wouldn't mind giving a few minutes of their time to a lowly high school kid (
Heck, any tips on brick and mortar businesses at all would help. The only thing I know anything about is online business. (
Thanks for any help you guys can provide!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
