Hey awesome Fastlaners, I’m considering starting a rubber & foam products line in my country in Africa. I’ve some creative ideas for some products that people need in their daily lives here. I’ve never started a business before and thus, I could use some advice.
I’m working on a list of all the foam manufacturers in my country (I can’t deal with factories abroad because shipping and customs can easily make my expenses jump 4-9 times here).
I'm emailing first because those factories are hundreds of miles away and I have a disability that would prevent me from commuting regularly.
My plan is to email those manufacturers, and see which of them is willing to experiment with my designs, has the materials I need and would offer me a fair price to make those designs.
Please, feel free to add any feedback to my plan.
Here is my question. How do I make sure that the manufacturer won’t sell my designs and the results of our experiments to someone else?
Should I ask him to sign a non-compete clause and an NDA?
If yes, then should I do that from the very beginning?
I’m not sure many manufacturers would like that.
I’m working on a list of all the foam manufacturers in my country (I can’t deal with factories abroad because shipping and customs can easily make my expenses jump 4-9 times here).
I'm emailing first because those factories are hundreds of miles away and I have a disability that would prevent me from commuting regularly.
My plan is to email those manufacturers, and see which of them is willing to experiment with my designs, has the materials I need and would offer me a fair price to make those designs.
Please, feel free to add any feedback to my plan.
Here is my question. How do I make sure that the manufacturer won’t sell my designs and the results of our experiments to someone else?
Should I ask him to sign a non-compete clause and an NDA?
If yes, then should I do that from the very beginning?
I’m not sure many manufacturers would like that.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
