The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting a foam products line

Stig Marko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 7, 2018
Africa
Hey awesome Fastlaners, I’m considering starting a rubber & foam products line in my country in Africa. I’ve some creative ideas for some products that people need in their daily lives here. I’ve never started a business before and thus, I could use some advice.

I’m working on a list of all the foam manufacturers in my country (I can’t deal with factories abroad because shipping and customs can easily make my expenses jump 4-9 times here).
I'm emailing first because those factories are hundreds of miles away and I have a disability that would prevent me from commuting regularly.

My plan is to email those manufacturers, and see which of them is willing to experiment with my designs, has the materials I need and would offer me a fair price to make those designs.

Please, feel free to add any feedback to my plan.

Here is my question. How do I make sure that the manufacturer won’t sell my designs and the results of our experiments to someone else?

Should I ask him to sign a non-compete clause and an NDA?

If yes, then should I do that from the very beginning?

I’m not sure many manufacturers would like that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.