• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Starting a foam products line

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by Stig Marko, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Stig Marko

Stig Marko PARKED Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $14
    Hey awesome Fastlaners, I’m considering starting a rubber & foam products line in my country in Africa. I’ve some creative ideas for some products that people need in their daily lives here. I’ve never started a business before and thus, I could use some advice.

I’m working on a list of all the foam manufacturers in my country (I can’t deal with factories abroad because shipping and customs can easily make my expenses jump 4-9 times here).
    I'm emailing first because those factories are hundreds of miles away and I have a disability that would prevent me from commuting regularly.

My plan is to email those manufacturers, and see which of them is willing to experiment with my designs, has the materials I need and would offer me a fair price to make those designs.

Please, feel free to add any feedback to my plan.

Here is my question. How do I make sure that the manufacturer won’t sell my designs and the results of our experiments to someone else?

Should I ask him to sign a non-compete clause and an NDA?

If yes, then should I do that from the very beginning?

I’m not sure many manufacturers would like that.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.