The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Start.

Mixyin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 9, 2019
Greetings!

My name is Michael. I am a recent Bachelor of Life Sciences degree recipient at a Canadian University. Unfortunately, I lost the passion I once had for the subject so I currently don't plan on pursuing anything in the scientific field.

I recently finished reading Millionaire Fastlane and I am about a quarter of the way through UNSCRIPTED . These books have been eye-openers for me and I thank MJ for creating those books and this forum.

I have been looking around the forum for the past week or so and I am absolutely blown away by the amount of support and success found throughout this forum. I want to start my path to a happier future I thought I would start by simply introducing myself, so here I am!

I will be honest, there seem to be so many different paths I could take in terms of entrepreneurial ventures that it's a bit overwhelming and I am not sure where to start. I don't expect things to change instantly and I know that there is a lot of hard work and hardship ahead.

With that being said, do any of you have any suggestions as to where I should put my focus? I know this is a very broad question to ask; however, that encapsulates where my mind is at. I lack direction. I have looked into local lead generation and web development, I feel I have skills with tech that give me an easier start but that is about it.

Thanks for reading! I look forward learning and growing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Welcome aboard. We all been there. Let me ask you a question...did you ever encounter a problem in your life that you said to yourself “wow, this really sucks.?”

There are all sorts of ways to go about it. Some say, solve a problem. I personally agree but that problem has to be directly tied to your emotion in solving it.

Look at Branson, he focuses on consumer services. Every single business he’s started or invested in were focused on providing a better experience for the consumer than what’s out there. Not necessarily a problem but more of a moment where he knew he could do it better.

So if you read the book, you’ll already know to throw your passions and all of that other bullshit out the window. Open your eyes into the world and see things from a frustrated consumers side.

Forget all this online stuff - “oh I want to be a digital nomad” It’s garbage bro. You’re being sold to. Find a real problem or poor way of Doing something (which actually could be online too) in the world you are living in and just do it better.

That’s where you start. Just open your eyes and give it time.

no_tie_anymore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 30, 2018
Germany BaWü
Forget all this online stuff - “oh I want to be a digital nomad” It’s garbage bro. You’re being sold to. Find a real problem or poor way of Doing something (which actually could be online too) in the world you are living in and just do it better.

Thats so true.
But you also can learn from this gurus who want to teach you how to be a digital nomad. If you do what MJ says in UNSCRIPTED you can start a business doing exact the opposite from what this gurus want to teach you. Instead of searching on alibaba for products you have to do something with a higher
c-entry-n-t-s.

Mixyin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 9, 2019
Welcome aboard. We all been there. Let me ask you a question...did you ever encounter a problem in your life that you said to yourself “wow, this really sucks.?”

There are all sorts of ways to go about it. Some say, solve a problem. I personally agree but that problem has to be directly tied to your emotion in solving it.

Look at Branson, he focuses on consumer services. Every single business he’s started or invested in were focused on providing a better experience for the consumer than what’s out there. Not necessarily a problem but more of a moment where he knew he could do it better.

So if you read the book, you’ll already know to throw your passions and all of that other bullshit out the window. Open your eyes into the world and see things from a frustrated consumers side.

That’s where you start. Just open your eyes and give it time.
Thanks for the insight. I know a lot of the progress to be made is about altering my mindset and switching from a consumer to a producer. Additionally, I know it is important to truly care about providing value.

What you said about digital nomad was one what I desired to do but upon thinking about how my life would be, I realized that wouldn't necessarily make me happy. I think it is important for me to identify the intersection between happiness, productivity, and wealth.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mixyin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 9, 2019
Thats so true.
But you also can learn from this gurus who want to teach you how to be a digital nomad. If you do what MJ says in UNSCRIPTED you can start a business doing exact the opposite from what this gurus want to teach you. Instead of searching on alibaba for products you have to do something with a higher
c-entry-n-t-s.
Thanks for your reply. I hope to finish the book soon and utilize the guidance MJ provided in both books. I feel there is a vast amount of opportunities but that sometimes feels overwhelming and difficult to find a starting point.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum.

My best advice is to read between the lines in the success stories of all the people here. Focus more on the how and why, than the what.

It's not important that some folks have found success in one particular thing... copywriting, web design, digital marketing, ecommerce... What's important is that you pick an avenue that relies on and is augmented by your natural talents, aptitudes, and interests.

Find the intersection of those three things with a market need, and you'll have a reasonable path to tread.

If you simply follow in the footsteps of others here, you'll end up walking in circles.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...