So for the past few months I have been working on creating an online marketplace for people to buy and sell goods similar to eBay but for a smaller demographic. I will not disclose everything on this thread, but I have some general questions before I pour tons of money into this;
I have one viable competitor so far. You always think your idea is undiscovered until you find someone already doing it!
There are about 130 listings on the site so far (like Craigslist), but upon further research I found that only 14 people represent almost 100 of these listings. I understand I am being extremely vague, but should I still pursue this business?
The company has over 2,000 likes on Facebook, and has been operating since September 2012.
One last question- without charging for my service, could I monetize the site with ads? How would I do this? I I am new to this aspect, so I was wondering about any other strategies as well.
Again, I apologize for my vagueness and excessive questions. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thank you everyone!
-Tony
I have one viable competitor so far. You always think your idea is undiscovered until you find someone already doing it!
There are about 130 listings on the site so far (like Craigslist), but upon further research I found that only 14 people represent almost 100 of these listings. I understand I am being extremely vague, but should I still pursue this business?
The company has over 2,000 likes on Facebook, and has been operating since September 2012.
One last question- without charging for my service, could I monetize the site with ads? How would I do this? I I am new to this aspect, so I was wondering about any other strategies as well.
Again, I apologize for my vagueness and excessive questions. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thank you everyone!
-Tony
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
