The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stanford - Tech Entrepreneurship Class

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
https://venture-lab.org/venture13

Anyone want to create a study/accountability group for it? One of my goals within the next five years is to get the equivalent of an MBA, simply through the books I read and the courses I take. I think it could be great to get a fastlane team going.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sunnydaplayer1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 1, 2012
Asia
Hi, i was trying to get one of my friends to signup for the course, but she says tech start-ups are different from other start-ups and was concerned that she really didn't hv any ideas to cm up with for the course duration. And, some of the requirements are to have a good technology idea(please define), and have to work in team for practical purposes under guidance by the mentors, which is the best-case scenario.
Since, the course's going to begin from 29th, i thought it would be better if you would tell me how you intend to move ahead with this.
Thanks, take care.

If you think you can, or if you think you can't, either way you are right. - Henry Ford

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
I have a few ideas around ed-tech. I think starting with something (IE, an idea), is better than not starting because you don't have everything (IE, a mentor).

AbbottMary

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 19, 2013
Signed up for course. I've been looking for something exactly like this. This is free? weird lol college is supposed to rip you off not help you!!

AGH just realized ill probably have bootcamp/techschool at this time. Its doubtful but i MIGHT be able to pull the 10 hr workweek at that point... hopefully i can make it work.

sunnydaplayer1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 1, 2012
Asia
@AbbottMary Hi, Glad to have you onboard, hope we get some more interested ppl to enroll so that we can get thru the course effectively, and smoothly, and i sure do hope you can manage to pull off the 10 hr/week. But atleast, it's free. :welldone:

Business is more exciting than any game. – Lord Beaverbrook

Last edited:

AlexV

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 12, 2013
Munich, Germany
Hi,

I signed up also for it. PM me for details.

Cheers

sunnydaplayer1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 1, 2012
Asia
Great, welcome Carl Gaterau and cdmedia, good luck to you too. :thumbsup:

Guys, if some of you who haven't checked lately, all who have signed up may have received an email asking us to fill up our profile. This is the mail i got.

"Dear Technology Entrepreneurship Students,

Welcome to the class! Please fill out your profile information by clicking on profile appearing under your name or by going to: http://venture-lab.org/venture13/users/edit

If you are taking other classes on Venture Lab at the same time, some of your personal information will be shared among all classes. However, different classes will be asking for extra information. So please fill out your profile in each class separately. I am asking you questions about your commitment to the class, your career aspirations and industry sector. This will help you form a team for the class startup project.

Feel free to invite your friends to join the class. You'll be working in teams, so the course is more fun with friends and co-workers. We're going to get off to a quick start so get ready!

I want to give you as much time as possible for the main team projects later in the course. Check out the class syllabus at: https://venture-lab.org/venture13/course_info_pages/34 and plan ahead. If you know that you will not have time to engage with your team then it is better to stop now and restart the class later.

You can still audit the class and watch class videos, but you should indicate that you are auditing the class in your personal profile. Looking forward to having you in the class!

Sincerely,

Chuck Eesley "

Carl, i checked out ur profile. Glad to know you. :) Her's my profile link

And lastly, when filling out the profile, i came up against "If you are joining this course with friends and colleagues, please enter a comma-separated list of their emails. This information will not be shared on your profile and will be used in team assignments." I think we all need to put each other's email ids there that we used to register with. plz PM me with your email id, and i will reply soon giving mine. This is needed for team assignment.

Good Luck to You All.

Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Thoughts are things! And powerful things at that, when mixed with definiteness of purpose, and burning desire, can be translated into riches. – Napoleon Hill

AlexV

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 12, 2013
Munich, Germany
I've signed up as well, but i have doubts that my english is good enough. For instance if there are group conversations via skype it could be hard for me to follow.

Keine Sorgen (no worries). We will help you in need ;)

sunnydaplayer1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 1, 2012
Asia
Hello brainact, welcome. As AlexV said, we will be there to help each other out during the course. :)

Guys, m pondering about creating a facebook group for this course. It will really help us out to keep in touch and post updates like our images, links, and videos. I have been part of projects and facebook groups have helped a lot. Need your opinions.

I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. - Donald Trump

brainact

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Dec 28, 2012
Germany
yes I think a facebook group would be great and the easiest way to keep in touch. I`ve just messaged you my profil-link via stanford pm.

sunnydaplayer1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 1, 2012
Asia
Hi brainact, thanx, i got ur pm and have created the group named "Tech Entrepreneurship". Added u. :D
here's the group link

Very Imp. for all us who have enrolled for this course:
The 1st assignment has started on April 28th, it's an individual assignment and it's deadline is May 5th. After that, we will be studying in teams and team assignments will be given to us.
Those of us who haven't started, Please check out the syllabus section first and then the 3 videos (Introduction and overview: 22 mins., Silicon Valley: 8 mins. Business Models: 4 mins.) The lecturer Chuck Eesley is great at putting forth the concepts and it's pretty much easy.

Brainact, having been last to join, lol, has been the first to submit his assignment. :tiphat: :welldone:
I don't like doing much talking but i m just concerned that those of us who are serious quickly get to know each other, and when team assignments are given we will be able to put our best. FYI, grading is 45% individual, and 55% team based.

@Halffull, @AbbottMary, @AlexV, @Carl Gaterau, @cdmedia, @brainact
plz feel free to PM me for any details or suggestions on how to move forward. Good luck to all us entrepreneurs, and see u at the FB group besides TFF.

In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later – Harold Geneen

AlexV

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 12, 2013
Munich, Germany
Hello,

I've got info about the teams. We can build them up next week. I'm in another course which is a week ahead from this one. What do you think about "The Fastlaners" as a team name. If you want I will create it when it is possible.

If you want to switch profile ID pm me. I've got 3 contacts from the forum. Assignment was submitted already. I think it is important to act not to fake and to submit as fast as possible each assignment.

Regards,
Alex

sunnydaplayer1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 1, 2012
Asia
Hi everyone, we are already four people on the FB group, Carl, AlexV, brainact and including me. We have been exchanging our knowledge and experiences over there and it's been fun. :rolleyes:
Plz do join the group, it will keep u motivated throughout the Tech Entrepreneurship course and to move forward smoothly.

If you work just for money, you’ll never make it, but if you love what you’re doing and you always put the customer first, success will be yours. – Ray Kroc

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.