What's new

Sports Innovation That has helped me. Can it help others?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Hurdlerwayne

Man without vision shall perish!
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Aug 13, 2012
Messages
51
Location
Tallahassee, FL
Rep Bank
$315
User Power: 61%
I have been Running Track & field since I was 9 years old and its one of my passions. I used these things under my spikes called risers that help you with balance, stability, and explosive power when you run. Nike Manufactured them and as I got older and stronger I started to break them, because they are made out of cheap plastic. In high school I always wished Nike would make some out of a light metal so I would not have to replace them so much.They would break off while I ran and made me feel like I'm running on stilts that are lop sided throw me off balance. I have tested the new design and let others use the same pair over and over and they have not broken yet. It only adds .7 oz to each shoe. I even had a gold Medalist test them and he loved them.

I will show you and example of the plastic vs the aluminum ones. These are just the prototypes. I plan to end up using titanium and drill holes in specific spots to reduce the weight but will not affect the structure's strength.20121126_001926.webp20121126_231724.webp20121126_001622.webp

I am skilled in AutoCAD solid works software and I have access to a high quality $90,000 CNC machine from a friend who allows me to use it for free.

Are there any suggestions on selling these. I checked Google adwords and there are 49,000 global monthly searches for track spikes and these come with popular Nike spikes. I have interviewed people and asked them why they didn't use them because they replied "I didn't know what they were for" or "they broke when I wore them" were the most common answers. The thing is people must run the correct way to get the benefits of these, just like getting a fancy golf club and using it wrong and expecting better results in your swing. I see a great opportunity and all I need to do is differenciate my product from Nike enough that they cannot come after me in terms of patent laws.

Just an idea.. Underarmour is just getting into the track & field world.. their shoes are horrible looking and they have only sponsored one Athlete to this day in my sport. I wonder if when I have a finished product and complete research if I should try to market it to them. Any suggestions here?

Also

I need testing facilities with people who can take down data like sports science to give to underarmour or another popular track & field store called MF Athletics.

Thanks & Gig em'(Texas A&M AGGIE)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Epz tahhitvoupt jisi?

Modiptoph nohjv ci ep ewipai vu djidl opvu ... djidl uav Tviqjip Liz't cuul "Upi Tonqmi Ofie".

Emtu, ot vji qsufadv e gapdvoup ug epuvjis qsufadv? Moli Poli tjuit? Xjev jeqqipt og Poli fotdupvopait vji tjui?

Epzvjoph imti pix op zuas mogi topdi cioph vu vji Umznqodt?
 
Nz gostv raitvoup xuamf ci, esi vjiti emmuxif op nivem up vsedlt? Moli humg tjuit epf guuvcemm dmievt, nepz qmedit upmz emmux qmetvod us saccis tqolit.
 
Neli tasi zua esi puv opgsophoph up tuniupi imti't qevipvif fitohp. Nevisoem ot puv e "nevisoem foggisipvoevoup"
 
Modiptoph nohjv ci ep ewipai vu djidl opvu ... djidl uav Tviqjip Liz't cuul "Upi Tonqmi Ofie".

Emtu, ot vji qsufadv e gapdvoup ug epuvjis qsufadv? Moli Poli tjuit? Xjev jeqqipt og Poli fotdupvopait vji tjui?

Epzvjoph imti pix op zuas mogi topdi cioph vu vji Umznqodt?

Ul tasi vjoph.. O jewi vjot cuul O katv piif vu sief ov. O jewi emsiefz fitohpif uvjis vzqit cetif up Efofet epf qane tjuit og Poli Djephit vjip O haitt Omm jewi vu djephi xovj vjin lopf ug moli uvviscuy djephit xovj oQjupi 5't pix fitohp. vji emsiefz nefi nivem dep ci nimvif fuxp epf sinefi opvu e pix fitohp.

O'n katv vseopoph jesf gus pux epf hiesoph aq gus gopem iyent op e gix fezt. Ovt huoph vu ci e vuahj tietup topdi Xi katv nuwif gusn vji Coh 12 Dupgisipdi vu vji TID. O muul gusxesf vu vji dunqivovoup ov liiqt ni huoph tvsuph. O'n katv qezoph nz fait op vji PDEE apvom O dep sap qsugittoupemmz. Jux ecuav zuastimg epz pix qsukidvt vjev zua fup'v nopf vemloph ecuav?
 
Nz gostv raitvoup xuamf ci, esi vjiti emmuxif op nivem up vsedlt? Moli humg tjuit epf guuvcemm dmievt, nepz qmedit upmz emmux qmetvod us saccis tqolit.

Vjiz esi emmuxif vji edvaem tqoli vjev zua tdsix opvu vji tjui ot ataemmz nefi uav ug tviim us emanopan-uyofi. Nutv qiuqmi esi xussoif ecuav xjivjis vji tqolit vjintimwit xomm soq aq vji vsedl epf nadj mitt vji dsuxpt.
 
ulez, O tii O nefi tmohjv nufogodevoupt op vji foniptoupt epf vuvemmz sinefi vji cuvvun ug vji qsufadv vu jewi nusi ug e tpah gov vu vji tjui. Updi O qav vji jumit up vji tofit vu sifadi xiohjv, epf fiiqmz csatj vji nivem up vji cuvvun. vjisi ot iwip mitt ug e djepdi ug opgsophnipv. O xomm tvomm djidl x/ ep evvuspiz/mexzis gus vjev katv op-deti.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom