StrikingViper69
Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
I've been doing split testing for a year or so with my sales pages. It's been a fun way to see what works and what doesn't, and is a simple way to make a sales page (or a checkout, offer, anything) more effective.
I recently decided to try a more complex test that what I've done in the past: 27 variations, with upsells. I was talking to a mathematician yesterday about statistical analysis, and he brought up some ideas I hadn't considered before, and some statistical analysis tools that I've never considered using before; which completely changes how I was looking at the tests and measuring the actual result.
A quick example: I have a sales page (and variations of it), and after completing the checkout the customer is shown two offers, offer 1 then offer 2. From using a chi-squared test, it looks like the probability of a customer choosing a post-purchase offer is independent of the sales page they use. Therefore, when looking at which sales page is "best", I should not include the $$$ from a post-purchase upsell.
Does anyone with experience split testing use statistical analysis? Are you looking at confidence limits, standard deviations and chi-squared tests? How do you use them to make sure what you are measuring is real? What mistakes have you made with your analysis?
I recently decided to try a more complex test that what I've done in the past: 27 variations, with upsells. I was talking to a mathematician yesterday about statistical analysis, and he brought up some ideas I hadn't considered before, and some statistical analysis tools that I've never considered using before; which completely changes how I was looking at the tests and measuring the actual result.
A quick example: I have a sales page (and variations of it), and after completing the checkout the customer is shown two offers, offer 1 then offer 2. From using a chi-squared test, it looks like the probability of a customer choosing a post-purchase offer is independent of the sales page they use. Therefore, when looking at which sales page is "best", I should not include the $$$ from a post-purchase upsell.
Does anyone with experience split testing use statistical analysis? Are you looking at confidence limits, standard deviations and chi-squared tests? How do you use them to make sure what you are measuring is real? What mistakes have you made with your analysis?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
