What's new

Somewhat seasoned, but new to this community

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

prime

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Oct 16, 2012
Messages
32
Location
Vienna, Virginia
Rep Bank
$230
User Power: 128%
Hi everyone,

I've been reading through this forum for the last past week and decided I wanted to join and get involved due to the fact that I almost lost sight of my dreams...

To provide a little background on me. About 4-5 years ago, I was jobless and in college finishing up a degree in management information systems. I wanted to create a money tree of my own, so I read and read a bunch of books on seo, and started my first blog the summer of 2009. Within a year I made my first paycheck from that blog... $110 bucks!

It was through google adsense, the cash had been piling up for almost a year (pennies a day). After I received that first paycheck, things changed in my mind. I knew now that I could really make money online.

The months that proceeded I started making more and more. For the next couple months I made $300, then $500, then $800, then $1,000. By year two of owning my blog, I was making $1,000/a month from my blog, had grown a huge following via twitter and facebook.

By mid second year I was making $2,000 a month. Soon my blog started to push about 20,000 page views a day when my blog got picked up by a private advertising network. My life changed again once this happened. First month of being on the network, I made $10,000 as well as the preceeding next two months. Then my income dropped to $3,000-4,000. The drop was due to the fact that when I signed on, it was the holidays and that's when advertisers had the most spending budgets.

Even though I was making only $3-4k, I found other ways of making extra cash. I sold ticket events from my site and racked in another two months of $10k from just selling tickets to events.

Since November of last year of me joining this private network I started to see a great income from my blog, where in the beginning I was working on my site day in day out (16 hours a day), and now I only work on it 1 hour a day and still get 4-6k income/monthly.

My blog dominates the search engine for every keyword and only needs a new post once every 2 days or so... but that's only the good stuff...:sigh:

The day I got accepted into the private network, I was interviewing for jobs because I was about to graduate. I landed a great job that was gonna pay me $60k yearly, so I accepted.

January of this year I started my new corp job and relocated to a entire different state. My thought process was, "$60k + online income = AWESOME!"

It was awesome for a little while though...

I bought myself a Lexus IS 250 cash, and got a nice bachelor pad in Vienna, Virginia costing me $2300/month, dumbest thing I think I've done. I didn't know anybody in Virginia, so I couldn't room with anyone. So I had to grab a place to myself, but still $2300 is a mortgage payment from where I'm from, originally from Miami, Florida.

My paychecks from my corp job literally paid for me to live here in Virginia. Food, rent, bills...

6 months into the corp life, I realized how good I had it before I came into the workforce. My energy was getting sucked up into mundane tasks that I had to do at work, my productivity dropped because I was always tired when I got home, and the ideas stop coming in on ways to improve the blog. All I was thinking was this career and how much I hated it. It was right in the alley of my degree I got, but everything seems much more exciting and interesting in the books than when your actually there when it comes to corp. life.

but... that's not the only thing, people's mindset in corp environment is like robots and drones. Everybody is comfortable with their life and with a cushony entry salary like mine... I could see why people stay for the hell of it.

I even started living in that reality, I wanted to get some certificates that would increase my salary and everything... My life went from great to miserable. I made $100k+ this year, but mentally and in my soul my dreams were dying.

I coined the word one day when I was talking with some of my enlightened friends, "Let me call you back, I got to start heading out to the dream killing factory". That's exactly what it is.

So by the 6 month I started studying for this certificate in my career and just kept saving the money I got from my online income since, I barely had time to invest it back into my business.

I put about 12k into facebook.... (-_-... yeah we know where that went)

Learned my lesson there, now I just stack money in my investment account...

So here I am now, read this book somewhere in the first 6 months of working at my job and loved it! Decided to finally come visit the forum and saw the bank statement post. Went to the bank statement guy's facebook page and read his statement as well as all his posts on there... sat in my apartment chair thinking how did I stray so far from what I had built up for 4 years with enjoyment, to being miserable with a dumb corp job and my blog at a stand still....?

This is when I realized... everything I've worked for so much, everything I've read, everything I planned for had gotten shifted by my decision to come into corp america. I wanted to live that lifestyle of making my own money, I liked waking up when ever I wanted, and working hard for 16 hours straight on MY business that makes me money while I sleep now, I love not having to do dumb shit for other people, I love working on my own f*cking terms...

So with that said, I'll be moving back to Florida once my one year lease is up to live with my parents for 2 months until my two best friends lease is up, then I will be moving to orlando to live with them, and from there grow my business into what I have been trying to do for four years now.

Some are probably asking why move to orlando?
1) moving in with my parents is great and all for cost, but I can't live with my parents in my ear about everything.
2) rent will be divided by 3, and housing in orlando is relatively cheap for a great place.
3) my best friend is a programmer, he wants to get involved in the online money, I could definitely use someone like him around. Guidance on hiring programmers and help when ever I need help with coding issues.
4) Just good company. These two friends are the only ones that have stuck around and support me.

So with that said you now know a little more about me and I hope I can contribute to this forum.

PS: I grew my site with out ever putting a cent into PPC, so building site traffic can be done without spending boat loads of money, you just have to adapt to Google's game of chess and figure out different platforms to drive traffic to your site.

I know this post is somewhat lengthy, but I think it's easier for people to know me and get me, once they know a little about me.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Hsiev opvsufadvoup, muwif siefoph ov! O vjopl zua xomm gov op wisz huuf jisi. Muuloph gusxesf vu siefoph nusi qutvt gsun zua!
 
Exituni opvsu, muwi ov. E vsai vemi up vji fephis ug dusqusevi Enisode up xjev ov dep fu gus ipvsiqsipiasoem fsowi.

Emtu, dep zua qutv zuas xictovi? Epf vji ef pivxusl vjev jimqif zua gedomovevi opduni?

Og zua fup'v xepv vu qutv ov jisi qacmodmz, O puvodif zua esi pux e nincis ug vji OPTOFI - qisjeqt vjisi og vjev nelit zua nusi dungusvecmi. (Vji Optofist Gusan ot qsowevi, puv opfiyif.) Og puv, pu xussoit.

Ximduni vu vji gusan, epf vu vji Optofi!
 
Vjeplt iwiszupi gus vji taqqusv!

Exituni opvsu, muwi ov. E vsai vemi up vji fephis ug dusqusevi Enisode up xjev ov dep fu gus ipvsiqsipiasoem fsowi.

Emtu, dep zua qutv zuas xictovi? Epf vji ef pivxusl vjev jimqif zua gedomovevi opduni?

Og zua fup'v xepv vu qutv ov jisi qacmodmz, O puvodif zua esi pux e nincis ug vji OPTOFI - qisjeqt vjisi og vjev nelit zua nusi dungusvecmi. (Vji Optofist Gusan ot qsowevi, puv opfiyif.) Og puv, pu xussoit.

Ximduni vu vji gusan, epf vu vji Optofi!

Nz xictovi ot op vji dimicsovz podji, NVW, VNB tqedi. Nz qsowevi ef pivxusl, O'n jimf apfis dupvsedv puv vu veml ecuav jux nadj O neli xovj vjin, tu katv gus qsowedz sietup O xup'v ci ecmi vu fotdmuti vjev.

O ati DunnottoupKapdvoup gus vji opduni O sidiowi gsun vodliv iwipvt vjuahj. Iovjis VodlivPivxusl us VodlivMoraofevus esi cuvj efwisvotist up DK't pivxusl O ati. O ati WocsepvNifoe gus op-viyv efwisvotoph et ximm.

Zit, katv cideni e Optofis, O gohasif O'f vsz epf hiv vji nutv uav ug cioph e qesv ug vjot dunnapovz!
 
Exituni qutv! Ximduni vu vji gusan. Ov muult moli zuas huoph vu ci e wemaecmi effovoup vu uas dunnapovz. :F

Molxof - vji UQ ot nz huuf caffz - veli huuf desi ug jon xjomi ji't up vji gusan ;)

Zit, O sitassidvif gsun vji fief katv vu tez vjev! Jeje miv ni lpux og zua'si iwis op PK - zua lpux xjisi vu gopf ni. Juqi vjopht jewi ciip quqqoph ugg gus zua!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom