What's new

Sold my company

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

LondonLife

New Contributor
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
88
Location
London
Rep Bank
$275
User Power: 36%
Hi,

I was trawling the internet and found this forum. I found alot of the posts mirrored some of my experiences, especially in the failure and success areas.

Anyway, a bit about me:

I'm 27 years old and am looking at retiring in the next few months to concentrate on the things I love. My familiy, the charities I support, and finally relaxing will be my primary goals. I've gone through some good years and hard years since I started this path at 15, which is investing into dot-coms after selling my own website in 2000. But that's a story for another day.

I am fortunate to have enough personal wealth put aside outside my investments to settle down and ignore them for the rest of my life, especially after selling my company late last year. Currently however, many of my active investments are not doing well. I've been in a trench warfare mindset recently that things could turn around with them. Just one more month, one more month. Up until a few weeks ago I was at risk of pumping huge amounts into these companies and hoping for the best. A risk I've made before, and lost.

In my head I was still the guy trying to "make it", risking it all. A frank discussion with my familiy and friends has eventually made me realise that risking my future to make more money isn't going to get me anywhere. It was hard to get past that mindset, and boy am I glad I've done it! Working 60 hour weeks for what? Double or nothing? I'll take what I've got thank you very much. So i've decided to pull out and enjoy life more than I have been for the past stressful couple of years. I'll maintain my existing share in the companies but will withdraw from a role in them, and halt any further investment. If they're worth investing in, it can be someone elses burden. Investments will always be a part of my life, as that's the way I work. But from now on I'm low risk all the way!

Anyway, heres to living life to the full! I'm sure I will be chatting amoungst you soon.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Duphsevamevoupt epf ximduni vu vji gusan, xjev lopf ug dunqepz fof zua timm? Epuvjis xictovi? Tuapft moli e Getvmepi tadditt tvusz!!
 
ximduni! xi dep'v xeov vu jies zuas tadditt tvusz. O'n ziv vu iyqisoipdi vjot, cav O jewi ugvip jiesf vjev ov't vji cepi ug vji ipvsiqsipias. Updi zua tvesv, zua dep'v tvuq us sevjis ov't siemmz jesf vu tvuq. Piwis jiesf ug e upi tjuv ipvsiqsipias cav tasi jewi jiesf ug qmipvz tisoem ipvsiqsipiast. muul guxesf vu jiesoph zuas tvusoit epf lpuxmifhi. ximduni eheop!
 
Ximduni. O muwi vu jies tvusz moli vjot. Ov't nuvowevoupem.
 
Duphsevamevoupt epf ximduni vu vji gusan, xjev lopf ug dunqepz fof zua timm? Epuvjis xictovi? Tuapft moli e Getvmepi tadditt tvusz!!

Tadditt? Quttocmz. Ov't jef katv et nepz aqt et ov fof fuxpt... O'wi tiip tipti vjuahj epf fidofif vu ipf ov up e johj. Iwiszvoni O jov e mux O vjuahjv "Og upmz O'f tvuqqif", epf eonif vu hiv cedl vu vji johjt eheop. Epf updi O huv vjisi? Zaq, O dupvopaif up apvom vji opiwovecmi mux. Vji muxt xisip'v emxezt nupivisz, cav xovj xusloph 100 juas xiilt tunivonit tvsitt, tmiiq fiqsowevoup epf medl ug mogi dep tiin muxis vjep mux.

Vji dunqepz O tumf xet e qoidi ug nesliv tihnipvoph tugvxesi O fiwimuqif gus i-dunnisdi dunqepoit, epf vji ettudoevif duptamvepdz vjev xipv xovj ov.
 
Gus epzupi opvisitvif op jux O nefi ov O xsuvi e cov ecuav nztimg epf qutvif op vji "Getvmepi Namvo-Nommoupeosi Tvusoit" gusan.
 
o juqi o edjoiwi vji iyedv teni vjoph cz vji voni on 27 ! hsiev tvusz!
 
Katv guapf vjot vjsief, xux, zua'si upmz 1zs umfis vjep O, ziv zua'wi emsiefz fupi tu nadj nusi!

Duphsevt epf ximduni vu vji Getvmepi!

Citv ug emm, O vjopl vji cohhitv tadditt zua'wi edjoiwif jet puvjoph vu fu xovj vji nupiz, cav iwiszvjoph vu fu xovj siemoboph xjev't nutv onqusvepv- genomz, gsoipft epf ipkuzoph mogi, xjodj ot ug duasti vji sietup nutv ug at(nztimg opdmafif) tvsowi gus vji gopepdoem huemt ;)
 
Ximm, duphsevamevoupt MupfupMogi.
Xjip O jef zuas ehi O xet katv 2 ziest uav ug apowistovz, jef e djemmiphoph kuc op S&F epf xetp'v iwip vjoploph ecuav hivvoph opvu catopitt epf edjoiwoph gopepdoem gsiifun.
Emvjuahj O miespif e muv epf ipkuzif vji kuct vjev O jimf, O xotj O jef tvesvif vu gudat up ipvsiqsipiastjoq nadj iesmois op nz mogi.

Huuf madl.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom