The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Software for lead gen website?

Dan44

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 9, 2015
Hello what software are you guys using as of late for lead gen websites? I have a great idea for a website where I want to collect leads and sell them to other businesses. However not sure what is the latest practice in terms of software. No its not a limo website haha. The website would definitely fulfill a need in the market.

I appreciate any help!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Maybe put together a list here of the ones you have researched and initially vetted. Then discuss issues or missing features and things that could be improved. Discuss functionality and what items you would need for the type of site you are doing. THEN we would be able to help you more. Give to get.

Dan44

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 9, 2015
I was asking if there was a widely used software most people use for collecting leads being I never ran this kind of business before. If not I would likely configure word press to do what I needed.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
What did you find in the research that you did?

Or did you just post the question and hope someone would give you a step by step?

This is an incredibly awesome site. You will be helped in ways that you never know. You must, however, show initial effort and due diligence on your part. Give to get.

Talk through what you have done, what your thoughts are, the initial blood/sweat/and tears that you have put in. That will get a lot more feedback and help. Maybe pick a path (even if you have no idea what the path is) and start a progress thread.

Dan44

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 9, 2015
So I decided to dive in not really knowing what I was doing. Along the way I discovered leadpages and instapage. If anyone is looking to throw together a quick landing page to see if they can generate some leads and test an idea I would highly recommend instapage, mainly because its free and they have some great templates you can completely customize. After I setup a landing page I made a facebook ad (2 actually) to drive some traffic to the landing page. I have not generated any leads yet but Im still hopeful.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Your going after an old business model, advertise to landing page, get leads and sell leads.

Problem is it doesn't really work anymore apart from some cases and niches, so I hope you got lucky!

Best practices now would be to educate your customer, for example:

You are selling diet pills, instead of an advert you would promote a post on facebook that talks about how celebrity A has lost weight due to her secret new regime. In the article you mention that she eats raw green coffee bean extract and that it helps her digestion. Anyways your giving them a good story and education, then they realise your called green coffee pill company and so they may try your pills free for 30 days.

This education works for any industry, you also tag them with a retargeting pixel that follows them around the web where you show your advert for your diet pills.

Dan44

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 9, 2015
Hey man thats really good info. I was definitely thinking about something similar to that just did not know exactly how to execute it with the niche I'm trying. However the retargeting pixel did not cross my mind.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
What's the niche, I can tell you how I would do it

Dan44

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 9, 2015
I built a page that acts as a partnering business that helps customers partner with businesses. For example on the landing page it expresses "We help people partner with the right agency" and there is a submission form.

If thats to vague I will just post the link to the landing page. However it may be a little embarrassing as its a rough draft.

Last edited:

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Then make a great article on how you partnered with a business and became financially free from the 9-5 and promote that instead.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.